bdkelly72

used car deposit question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry for repost but maybe more suited to the Solicitors then Motorists.. no offense buddies :smile:

used car deposit question

Hi

I put a deposit on a car £500, non-returnable option to buy.

My circumstances have changed and while I do not wish for it back require to be transfered to another cheaper car than i can afford.

I am now being told that the deposit is Non-Transferable. Is this a new express term that voids the agreement or is this allowed. There was no mention of non-transferable on the receipt

Anymore detail i will happily oblige, he told me today it was non-transferable.

regards

What do the terms and conditions say?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Have you not got this posted in the motoring section too?

I would have thought a dealer would be pleased to transfer it to get a sale, however if it was a deposit to reserve an option to buy a particular vehicle then they possibly correct.

I am sure you can come to some arrangement if you are keen to purchase another vehicle from them.