Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime Soli,

I must admit, when I started this thread I didnt expect so many to respond to it, a 150 posts already and still going strong!

We WILL beat them and we WILL get back whats rightfully ours! Chin up ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Just one thing soli, you're NOT being a pain, nor is anybody else posting on this forum and requesting information.

That's the whole point of this forum's existence, to help and to educate. Remember most of us are still learning on here and the more information there is, the more clued up we become, the more chance we have of winning. And remember everybody, this isn't some sort of vigilante site, I'm sure none of us object to paying what we rightfully owe, we are just fighting for what is rightfully ours and is being unlwfully taken from us.

Like most other people on here I was one of those that always sort of felt that the banks etc. were illegally fining us but wasn't quite sure where to go with it.

The general consensus of opinion with anyone you spoke to, even Citizens Advice etc. was, "Look, we all know it's not right but forget it and move on". I now take great delight in telling them they are wrong and we CAN fight back and win.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Hi seylectric,

my sentiments exactly, we are not about holding grudges etc we are all here to get back what is rightfully ours and are rectifying the injustice these people inflict on us all. Keep up the good work guys!! :-D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Hi all - as you say, I have no objections whatsoever to paying what I owe. I HAVE seen posts on other forums from people who are clearly trying to evade payment - thats not what this is all about. Thankfully, the 'mods' spot these & close the threads. No, what bugs me is the fact that firms like Welcome prey on people when they are vulnerable. I took a car loan (well, 'finance') from them as I had nowhere else to go, then i took a personal loan for the same reason. They know they are selling to people who are invariably struggling financially & then bleed them dry. It's wrong. OK, we can't stop these people, but we can score some victories, however minor they may be in the overall scheme of things. As for the banks (and their charges); I personally have never been on the receiving end, but my 20 year old daughter (a Uni student) has been hit a few times with bank charges for going a couple of pounds overdrawn. On her budget (she only has a part time job plus meagre student loans), £30 a time is a fortune. I may think about helping her get back whatever its cost her so far. Its only £150 or so, but its still wrong.

Anyway - thanks for all the support everyone - this site has really educated me & opened my eyes. And its given me hope that i too can get justice.

Welcome - SAR sent 6th November - 7 days gone & counting

DLC - CCA sent 6th November - 7 days gone & counting

Hi everyone,

I sent my SAR to Welcome head office on November 2nd, included a cheque for £10. I have since read that a cheque is not as good to use as a postal order. I have not recieved any acknowledgement from Welcome, should i expect anything yeT? or just wait until 40 days are up? Also, i have cancelled my direct debit to them, as i believe what they owe me in charges and missold PPI is more than what i owe them. I am expecting them on the phone today, where do i stand on this? Can i simply state i am disputing the amount owed and that i am not paying anymore until they provide me with my SAR?

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

No - they include all days. It does not matter if it is a weekend, bank holiday or anything else for that matter. If you post them Monday (6th) then the 12 day is up on the 18th November and the S.A.R. is up on the 16th December.

Still confused about this. Some forums say its working days, others that its total days. Is there a definitive answer to this? What i don't want to do start stating to them that they are in default as they are overdue, only for them to shoot me down in flames by quoting some legal clause as to how the total number of days elapsed are calculated. Just want to be 110% certain.

Still confused about this. Some forums say its working days, others that its total days. Is there a definitive answer to this? What i don't want to do start stating to them that they are in default as they are overdue, only for them to shoot me down in flames by quoting some legal clause as to how the total number of days elapsed are calculated. Just want to be 110% certain.

I have seen this too on other threads. Infact it came up on my Barclays thread and was answered by some mods. As already said it is TOTAL days. Not working days. If a mod spots this and can say I am giving wrong advice, I would only be to pleased to be corrected.

Welcome car finance - Won 19/10/06

Barclays - Offered 48% said no

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Hi everyone,

I sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Welcome head office on November 2nd, included a cheque for £10. I have since read that a cheque is not as good to use as a postal order. I have not recieved any acknowledgement from Welcome, should i expect anything yeT? or just wait until 40 days are up? Also, i have cancelled my direct debit to them, as i believe what they owe me in charges and missold PPI is more than what i owe them. I am expecting them on the phone today, where do i stand on this? Can i simply state i am disputing the amount owed and that i am not paying anymore until they provide me with my SAR?

Two things. Don't worry about the cheque thing to much. Just keep an eye on your bank statements because you will be sure they will cash it in. It does seem that Welcome do leave things to the last minute so yes, wait to the 40 days are up. You will probally get them in the last week.

Secondly, I am not an expert but personally how wrong you think welcome are, I would not of stopped the direct debit as you could be jeperdising your agreement with them however wrong you think it is. In my case I kept paying them well over a year but now have every penny of it back but i must stress that this is my personal view, you would be better keep paying now and let them pay it all back to you later on. Stopping your payments could harm that.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Hi all, just read through all this thread, glad to see a few having a go at Welcome. I had the miss fortune to have dealings with this lot a few years ago. Definately had a few charges, can't remember anything about PPI, and certainly had a hefty early repayment charge. Time to send an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) I think:)

Hi Technique1966,

Welcome aboard. ( No pun intended) I'd bet a pound to a pinch of salt your PPI was mis-sold, most are it seems. Keep on top of them and good luck as your battle commences. Some of us are a little further down the line, so anytime you need guidance, assistance or just a pick me up, remember we are here for you. We may not be experts but we are learing from this site ( Thanks CAG)

Chin up. Bazza

Well, things have moved a little. Had a letter today from Welcome – no reference to my SAR, so it doesn’t seem to be in reference to that. No, this refers to an earlier letter I sent before I found this forum asking them to explain why they say I owe £5300 against a £3000 loan when I had already made 13 payments at £186. They’ve sent me a statement. I ignoring ‘fees’ of varying amounts for a while, what I don’t understand is that the payments of £186 per month are shown, as made. No argument about that. But each month they charge me £126 or so ‘interest posting’. This was being charged before I lost my job last year & was unable to pay, so its not a non-payment penalty. No, every month I paid £186, and was charged ‘interest posting’ at £126 – meaning they were only reducing the debt by £60 a month and since this account went pear shaped after my redundancy, it’s been increasing the debt by £126. I’m lost – I have no idea what this means. I’m not writing to them about it, as since I sent the letter they’ve just replied to, I’ve sent an SAR and officially put the account ‘in dispute’. Has anyone got any ideas?

When I had my first Welcome loan, and you'll have to bear with me as I'm doing this from memory, I unsuccessfully cancelled the insurance. I reached a point where I wrote and said I will not make any more payments until you confirm in writing that the insurance is cancelled. As it happened a manager had been brought in from another area to look after the branch at the same time. He picked up on my letter and contacted me to apologise for ignoring me and telling me he would put things right. In fairness to him he did do that. He removed any late payments showing on the CRAs and effectively started the loan again, leaving me in credit for a month or so.

Anyway, the main point I wanted to make was that as I recall, when I asked about settlement as I knew we were remortgaging he told me there was no redemption penalty because it worked rather like a credit card- so it was only outstanding captal that was due. That fiits in with what you're seeing. It's working like a repayment mortgage, so you gradually pay more capital off as the repayment progresses until it is all paid. It does mean that, in the early part of the loan it will cost a lot to redeem it.

soli, I'm only guessing but was this some sort of credit agreement with 12 months interest free or something? I have heard that people take on these deals only to find that after 12 months they slap on horrendous amounts of interest.

As I said I'm only guessing but it might be worth getting trading standards or citizens advice to have a look at your agreement, something's definately not right.

Will be asking for details myself soon, I reckon I have roughly paid off over £6,500 of a £10k fixed rate loan but they still reckon I owe over £5k.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

No, definitely not any interest free period. And this was charged from day one. Quite how the loan would ever have been paid off is anyones guess. I just don't get it. As I say, I've put this account 'in dispute' by sending the SAR. I can't find my original agreement, so will be interesting to see Welcomes copy should it ever arrive. Curiously, the welcome employee who composed the letter to me said on a couple of occasions 'it is my understanding that.....' as if she hadn't seen or din't have a copy of the original agreement. Time will tell. On another note, the 12 days for the DCA (DLC) to reply to my CCA is up tomorrow. What now? I know i have to leave it another month, but should i be writing to them?

HI guys,

just a quick update for you, I contacted my local Branch of (UN)Welcome today in relation to my SAR I spoke to them about two days ago but no-one returned my call. I asked how my request was progressing and was told it had been sent to their legal dept. I advised them that the clock is still ticking and they have only 4 yes FOUR days left till the 40 days expires. I tactfully indicated that someone has really got to get their finger out to get the details I requested to me within the time limit and made sure they understood, should they NOT be received I WILL be reporting them to the relevant Authorities. Well, will just have to wait and see if the fire cracker up their backside works lol.

Methinks you could be right Martin,

just been into the Bank templates for the LBA for non-compliance, already to print off and send to them should I not get them in the next 4 days :-D

WOW!!!

Hi guys,

amazing what a phone call can produce. after ringing twice in two days I actually received my statements today from unWelcome. now all I have to do is go through them and see what they have unlawfully charged me ;-)

Will keep you posted.

WOW!!!

Hi guys,

amazing what a phone call can produce. after ringing twice in two days I actually received my statements today from unWelcome. now all I have to do is go through them and see what they have unlawfully charged me ;-)

Will keep you posted.

This is typical of Welcome, leaving everything to the very last minute. Personally I would of not phoned them and see if they would of still sent them. Anyway, good luck and keep us in touch of future devolpments.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Hi all!

WOW, this thread makes intresting reading! I just thought I'd give you my 2p's worth about (un)Welcome Finance.

In October of 2002, I purchased a car from YES car credit. I know what you're thinking, but like most, I was desperate and had previous financial difficulty. I went to the showroom, found a car I liked and sat down to make a deal. Details are:

Purchase price £5210

Deposit £250

Balance £4960

Acceptance fee £150

Finance charge £2861.84

Balance due £8221.84

Payment Protection £1370.89

Shortfall insurance £145.00

finance charge £822.73

Balance of optional insurance £2292.00

Total Balance due £10513.84

APR 28.8%

Now, In April of 2005, I became disabled and unable to work so, I contacted welcome and explained the situation and that I wished to make a claim under the PPI.

After a few weeks, I eventually received a claim form from Direct group. I filled it in and sent it back. In the meantime payments were due and as I couldnt afford them, the manager said that I could make reduced payments untill the PPI kicked in, when it does, it will be backdated to the first day of the claim and I should receive a cheque back for the amount I had paid. This seemed logical so of i trots getting the evidence needed for the PPI. After about 3 months, I got a letter from Direct Group saying they were going to cover my payments untill I returned to work. Yippee...PPI that works!!! So i watched the letter box everyday for my returned payments and after 3 months or so I contacted the branch to find out what was happening with them. The manager that had originally been dealing with it had since left and no notes about the reduced payments were found. It turns out that I had been charged late payment fees for each reduced payment made plus charges for letters (that I havn't received) and phonecalls made to my home, Where I apparently never answered. Being House bound, I dont get out much and I couldnt understand why they never got through to me (till I read this thread! :))

So....to the meat of my argument.....

My agreement was for 4 years. The PPI payments made by Direct Group finished on 1st October when the agreement finished. But I received the usual letter from them yesterday saying "We have been trying to contact you....please contact this office as soon as possible..."

So I did!

I have been told that I still owe them £800 on the agreement.

How??????????

I can only presume this is more fraudulent charges applied to my account.

I have no idea what to do. if the agreement has ended, do I still owe them Money? If it hasnt ended why did PPI end? I have no way of meeting the £213 monthly payments, I am sill disabled and on benefit. I feel totally disgusted that The total amout for the car is nearly £12000 when it now has a book value of £1500 maximum. In the past four years, (un)Welcome have caused me no end of grief and aggravation (yes i had a woman on the doorstep demanding payments, she soon got the idea when she saw me in a wheelchair!) that I wish I'd never bought the damn car!!..

I feel for all of you who have had to deal with them because they are a last resort.

Any advice would be WELCOME!!!!!!

Smoothy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

Hi Surreylad,

good to see you on ther thread again, I actually rang to speak to the manager as she was the one who I handed my SAR to originally. She wasnt there but was told she would be back the following day. I rang again but she was with a client, ( seems their favourite excuse when you ask to speak to someone personally) lol

I just reminded them that they only had 4 days left and they miraculously appeared the very next day. A litle gentle persuasion helps them in the right direction ;-) But guess what!!! The statements were sent to me from MY LOCAL Branch not head office lol Oh the games they play. :-D

Hi Smoothy,

Welcome to out thread, ( no pun intended) we all find at some point in our lives that we have to do things that we wished we never did, i.e. Welcome finance, YES car credit, and so on. It doesnt matter what your reasons are or were, you will not be judged on here but assisted, where we can we will help anyone who askes for it. Remember, you are not alone, there are 80,000+ on this site right behind you. ;-)

Hi falcon, Hadn't really disappeared, just been busy doing some other things. I had a little trick when I phoned my old welcome office - You don't tell them your name etc. Just say your interested in getting a loan but you have been asked to speak to (name). they always transphered :)

That worked for me for a few times until they relised it was me and i had to think of something else. :mad:

The branch have proberly sent out your SAR because no one else would know what was going on. On my account, I caught them at it by seeing a copy of my file and 99% of the entries where either wrong information or had been missed off. I had proof that they where wrong.

The reason for saying this is now you have your SAR back, go through it and make a note of everything you think may not be right. If you have any back up to prove they are wrong - you may have a case for reporting them. Keep us up to date.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next