Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

quick update, 29 days since taking in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the local branch who stated they would send it on to head office, they still haven't cashed the cheque for £10 yet either. Another 11 days for them to comply. Do you think I should give them a quick call and advise them the clock is still ticking? ;-) Any suitable replies will be considered :cool:

Cheques are always dodgy, if its not cashed then its not paid for, i know proof can be made that they have it but its a stalling tool for them.

I always use postal orders, its made out to them already, not cashing is a pointless option. Their desperate mitts see it and want to apply it to your account asap so its straight up the post office.

I would send a reminder advise of cheque number, or send a copy of the photo copy made before sending.

This should get a reply and the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) they will take as long as possible as they get to hold your money longer.

Also Banks were not equipped for this and they were quiet organized.

for Welcome this isn't just a wake up call, it would be blowing their ways of trading to shreds as there paper trails are like Hansel and Gretal some where down the line it just stops happening.

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be of interest I have serveral telephone numbers for Welcome,If you need copies of your agreements ring Tim on 0115 9778803.The FSA are at present looking into the mis-selling of PPI. I note Soli2006 problems, Just to let you know how I believe welcome used to work. All is well when you Take out a loan if you dont mis paying yes charges and rates are high but they accept people who would have normally got rejected. Any way Then if you stop paying for what ever reason does not matter if you have been the best customer in the world the branch goes mad telephone calls, knocking on your door etc but after about 3 months if you still have paid nothing, they would send in the big guns but these big guns would offer you a better deal less money per week or month as long as they got some thing, or lets rewrite the agreements why not you are now paying interest on interest and your chances of getting out is none.What I would do is dont be pushed around by these people yes push them hard for charges and costs back I dont think they will go to court the judges would see them for what they are. If you are in a position to pay them off offer them approx 25% of what they are claiming, My son in law had a car off them and returned it under his rights in the agreement, they refused to take the car back so I told him to put it in writing to them terminating the agreement and ring and askk them where they wanted the car took to. They said post us the keys and leave the car out side yours. This he did. The car stood there for weeks, they tried to get him to pay for a RAC inspection the y then said he had to be there when they took the car a way, He said No to all this. They then kept ringing him saying about shortfalls etc but he refused to be taken in and now they have gone away. I would say read your agreements tackle them about the extras, The only time you have real problems is if the loan is secured on your house, but I could well be going to disclose some of their tricks concerning this shortly Good luck to you all

The Mortgage Man

The next big guns usually come 12 months after non payment, this is how long Welcome will hold your account as they won't go to court.

They would rather write the debit off.

After 12 months you are with a collections team.

You can end your loan there for 50% of the balance outstanding, possible from the balance outstanding from last default.

At this point they will bully harras and tell you your in legal trouble, ( after 12 months i think you would of already been told this a few times:rolleyes: )

Basicaly its all a front as the main thing is they recover the cash they lent you.

I did put my name on a sticker on the back of both letters (to Welcome & DLC) and my worry is they've spotted that, realised what the letter is, and refused to receive it from Royal Mail. Nothing would surprise me frankly with these clowns. I guess they will come back to me if that's happened. In the meantime, the account isn't officially in dispute & the threatening letters from the DCA continue - the latest being 'an agent will call at your home'. How do i get the letters to Welcome & the DCA if this is whats happened? AllI can do is sit & wait for the letters to be retunrd to me as undelivered. But what alternative methods of delivery do I have to guarantee they receive the letters?

Hi Welcome Fighters -

Hope you are all doing well. Send the DCA the template letter saying you ar officially disputing the debt, no further diligence can be excersised (spelling!) by them until the dispute is resolved etc. I will get a copy on here this afternoon although you've probably already used it! If they carry on after getting this report them. Send letters to the compliance dept at Welcome - they will receive them.

News - spoke extensively with Norwich Union on my PPI that they apparently underwrite? They have absolutely NO record of me, my address, Welcome, Progressive or anything like it! I spoke with Direct Group who administer the claims and the ONLY details they have and deal with are your name, address etc and the loan amount. EVERYTHING else is dealt with in the branch! Interesting! So are they charging for insurance, paying Direct Group a sum for admin work and pocketing the rest> IS there actually no insurance cover???

Think about it - you claim, Direct Group phone the branch whocan then just write off your payments for the 12 months and thats it? It's all internal anyway, who's to know? The FSA are going to call me back and Norwich have been e-mailed also. By the way, did anyone fill in a schedule of cover? What does this look like? As apparently without it you are not covered no matter how mauch you paid. Worry worry.

Nice one Grape, they must be bricking themselves just now hahahahaha! Leme know how you get on!

GET IT RIGHT UP THEM! :lol:

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

I had a couple of loans with them and paid them off about three years ago. Rang up my local branch yesterday to ask for the old loan account numbers (which I got) and the woman on the phone was asking questions like: why do you want this information? I don't understand why you would want this old information as its been settled blah blah...told her it was for my personal info...nosey b*tch!

Sending off my SAR & CCA today....I reckon there were loads of charges on my account and WILL get them back!

Glad to hear people are chipping away & maybe getting results with these people. As I said before, when i tried to make a claim, they had heard of me, but said i want covered for the full term of the laon - only part. Welcome denied this, but wrote off the debt 'as an act of goodwill' when i started asking embarrassing questions.

As for my latest situation, the recorded delivery letters to both Welcome (and yes, it was the complainace unit i wrote to) & DLC (the DCA) still haven't been delivered. Two letters, posted the same day going 'missing'? Seems too much of a coincidence to me - especially as a recorded letter posted the same day, from the same post office, arrived at 8.30 the next morning.

I wouldn't want to be thought of as taking the bank's side, especially Welcome but I don't think you can assume it is them refusing delivery. Post gets delayed. Recorded mail sometimes get delivered without signature, especially in areas that use a lot of temporary staff. Lots of post just goes missing. As far as the courts are concerned, mail that has been correctly addressed is deemed to have been delivered by the second day. Non-receipt is never accepted as a reason for not answering a summons unless the address has an error on it, for instance.

Hi all,

I didnt bother sending my SAR by recorded delivery, I took it into the branch and handed it to the Branch manager and my cheque for £10 personally, I also took a witness with me at the time so they cannot deny receiving it, I also made sure the manager saw MY copy for my records of the SARN. Will chase them up with a phone call soon and the clocks still ticking :-D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

I'm not saying that either HAS refused to accept delivery - only that I'm curious as to why BOTH letters haven't (apparently) been delivered. What are the odds of two letters being posted on the same day & neither being signed for, or of both going missing in the post? Does everyone else actually check that their recorded delivery letters have been signed for, or just presume they have? Anyway, time will tell I suppose. If they haven't been delivered, they will be returned to me at some point hopefully.

On another matter, the third letter i posted that day was a CCA to another DLC - they wrote back today saying that 'your account is now on hold for 28 days while we obtain the information you have requested'. Given the '12 day rule' to comply with a CCA, what course of action should i take, and how should i be responding to them saying it will be 28 days?

Hi Soli,

I wouldnt bother contacting them again just yet, they have 12 days by law to respond if not the debt becomes unenforcable until they produce the documents then they have a further month, after that they commit a criminal offence and you report them to TS etc

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Update: received a letter this morning from welcome acknowledging my SAR (despite the fact that Royal mail say it hasn't been delivered yet!). Anyway, they received it on 8th, so I shall begin the 40 days from there i reckon. They say "if your request relates to any specific piece of information, please advise us as soon as possible as this may enable us to provide a faster response". Surely an SAR compels them to release ALL information relating to an account? Are they just trying it on, hoping to avoid full disclosure? Should I respond to this, or just wait to see what they send? Also, should they also be advsing the DCA that the account is now in dispute - and how should I respond if the DCA continue to try to contact me (no response to my CCA to the DCA yet by the way).

Hi Soli,

they seem to be testing the water and seeing if you know what your doing, they HAVE to, by law, send you ALL the documents you have requested by S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). IF they dont give full disclosure or no disclosure at all then they get reported to the relevant authorities..simple!! ;-) As for the DCA dont worry about them, if they contact you again simply inform them that the account is in dispute, I would suggest a follow up letter to htem indicating this and keeping a copy for your own records. Should they continue to harrass you, you then have the relevant evidence to report them also. :-D

So, ignore the letter from Welcome & just let the clock tick away & see what, if anything, they send. Thats what I thought. Cheers falcon.

Hi Soli2006, Just a quick note to say well done in getting this far. Your 40 day request is from the date you would of put on your original S.A.R. letter not when welcome received it. Please stick to your timing. Don't let welcome push you around.

I would recommend in getting together all your paperwork you have every had with them. Make out a short list which includes dates, title of item and any comments you may think are useful.

The reason for this is when they come back to you, check through the paperwork they send to what you actually have. Also in the mean time if you have your bank statements is to make out a list of any payments that you made. You can use the one available in the template thread.

Keep us posted

Welcome car finance - Won 19/10/06

Barclays - Offered 48% said no

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Hi surreylad,

only just noticed at the bottom of your thread, MANY CONGRATS, a victory against Unwelcome Welcome!!!! Good to see wins coming through on the thread. :-D :-D

Not sure where all this with welcome will end up, but i feel a lot happier now i'm doing something positive rather tha just passively accepting whatever they throw at me. I've never had a problem paying what i genuinely owe, but i refuse to be ripped off. If & when i receive the SAR info, i'll tell you all what they send and ask advice on how ro proceed.

Hi Soli,

just remember, your not alone, there are 80,000+ on here behind you and everyone else all the way. Keep us posted;-)

Bazza

Thanks for the support falcon - much appreciated. The '12 days' for the CCA i sent to DLC (the DCA) expires on 18th. What do i then do with regards to that request if they fail to respond? all the LBA templates refer to the SAR, either it not being responded to or recieving an incomplete response. None seem to refer to a CCA request non-compliance.

Hi Soli,

once the 12 days is up the debt then become unenforcable until such time as the DCA actually furnish you with the documents you requested. After a further month, they then commit a criminal offence, you can then report them to the relevant authorities. Hope this helps :-)

Hi Soli,

why would you need to remind them?? ;-) They should know the time limits they have to respond to a CCA, dont do their work for them, dont contact them until the month is over then you can take great delight in informing them they have committed a criminal offence and will be reported! :-D

OK, thats cool. What if they respond after 20 days - 8 days late (for example) - does the deby then become enforceable again, and can i take any action for them being late? what i don't get is if they have 12 days + a month, don't they effectively have up to 43 days?

They STILL have to furnish you with all the documents you requested, not part, ALL! If they respond by letter saying they are in the process of requesting the documents from their client thats tough. They have to respond WITH documents you requested WITHIN the specific time scales set out. you will probably find they havent got anything hence the silence ;-)

Oki doki - if/when i receive nothing i'll post again, no doubt asking for more advice. Sorry to be a pain. I'm going to start the ball rolling on my (now finished) car finance next as i'm sure i was ripped off over the PPI (see earlier post). Got the bit between my teeth now!

lol, good on yer Soli mate, I'm no expert but will help where ever and whenever I can. I hate to see people ripped off, having my own dealings with Welcome and starting this thread has helped me immensely and increased my knowledge too. The Welcome fighters are a fantastic bunch, it goes without saying so are all members of CAG :-D