• Tweets

• Hi dx, thanks. Yes actually, that is the case with this one! I've taken tomorrow off work, I need to review the whole binder for each of these and I'll refrain from further questions until I do just that. Just on hold for court ref Claim #2
    • 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

C'mon Soli you should have seen that one a mile away ;-) Its called Wit and if wit was s**t Welcome would be constipated :-D

Yup - I guessed that! I just find it very difficult to smile at these clowns sometimes. I just get sooooooooo angry about them. LOL.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soli babe,

dont get mad, get EVEN!!! ;-)

Letting the red mist decend and take us over is the easiest thing to do, thats when our judgement gets clouded. Deep breaths, calmness and a smile on your face when dealing with these clowns really gets to them lol I know, I do it all the time when I visit (regularly) my local branch. They hate seeing me walk in lol

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

hi welcomers

Have got my SAR and CCA ready to send to welcome...but have a prob

I said I had to stop paying my welcome loan due to dire personal circs. Those circs involved me moving very quickly with little less than my clothes. As a result i have no original paperwork from them in my possession. And all i need to know is where to send my SAR to!!

I have looked on their websites but all I can find is telephone numbers.

I know some of you have taken them into local branch but i don't want to do that...i just don't

So a main address would be very much appreciated if anyone can help

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

hi welcomers

Have got my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and CCA ready to send to welcome...but have a prob

I said I had to stop paying my welcome loan due to dire personal circs. Those circs involved me moving very quickly with little less than my clothes. As a result i have no original paperwork from them in my possession. And all i need to know is where to send my SAR to!!

I have looked on their websites but all I can find is telephone numbers.

I know some of you have taken them into local branch but i don't want to do that...i just don't

So a main address would be very much appreciated if anyone can help

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

i got a response from this address. remember to send it recorded (signed for):

Welcome Financial Services Limited

Mere Way

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

It might be a waste of time, Welcome tend to send most correspondence on to the local branch to deal with anyway.

I went in to make a payment today and asked the manager why they keep phoning me since I asked for my mobile number to be taken off the database via a letter to head office. I expected him to say they hadn't been informed but no, to my surprise just the opposite - he said they knew about the letter because it was company policy for head office to pass all correspondence on to the local branch. If that's true your letter will probably end up back at the local office anyway.

He said he would remove my number from the database so we'll see what happens.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Hi,

I have a loan with Welcome Finance and the interest rates are extorionate, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I know that there are debt managerment companies out there that say that they could freeze the interest, so i thought i would write to them first explaining my situation, however did not get a reply and having called them they just said no that they would not. Although i know taht i agreed to the rate, i have checked my credit rating and it is stated as good, so why and how can they justify a rate like this and for the fact that i paid a previous loan of with them early. Can any one advise ??

Hi,

I have a loan with Welcome Finance and the interest rates are extorionate, i wonder if anyone can advise me. I know that there are debt managerment companies out there that say that they could freeze the interest, so i thought i would write to them first explaining my situation, however did not get a reply and having called them they just said no that they would not. Although i know taht i agreed to the rate, i have checked my credit rating and it is stated as good, so why and how can they justify a rate like this and for the fact that i paid a previous loan of with them early. Can any one advise ??

burdie

Hi Burdie,

its not for us to question why you used unWelcome, all of us who post on here have had the misfortune of dealing with them for all sorts of reasons, our aim basically is to help people fight these companies like Welcome in order to get back what is rightfully ours. Good luck, if we can help, we will ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

the thing with welcome and other such companies is if you are good with repayments etc on an agreement they are very friendly and you just know that you will get credit from them - without the humiliating computer sez no routine from high street lenders.

Thanks for the address soli...very much appreciated.

Burdy...on your question of 'freezing interest' in my experience and that of another post i read on here but can't remember where...

The interest seems to be added on at the beginning of the loan. I was offered a 'freeze' on my interest when I stopped paying and was offered reduced payments. But if you read my earlier posts you'll see that the amount i owe just keeps increasing or certainly not going down despite the payments I keep making.

I don't think freezing interest payments with welcome makes any difference. They will charge you whatever they want anyway and just call it something else. One thing I am sure of...the debt never seems to go down

They will charge you whatever they want anyway and just call it something else. One thing I am sure of...the debt never seems to go down

Ain't that the truth! I sent my CCA on Monday, so the clocks ticking on that. I had a 'reply' to my SAR a week ago - incomplete. No PPI details for a start. I know I need to write to themagain, but unsure how to word it & if there are any legal phrases I should use when telling them they hven't supplied everything. Can anyone advise please?

The answer's yes knapper. I've just realised after following this thread for a while that although I have a couple of loans paid up in the past and one currently in place and running with no problems I should get my SAR into them asap because they're bound to have stitched me up somewhere along the line.

I had a 'reply' to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) a week ago - incomplete. No PPI details for a start. I know I need to write to themagain, but unsure how to word it & if there are any legal phrases I should use when telling them they hven't supplied everything. Can anyone advise please?

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should be saying in any correspondence please. I want to try to get everything regarding my account, but want to follow correct procedure.

Hello to all of you and thanks for all the great info held on this thread!

As you may see from my number of posts – I’ve just lost my CAG virginity having spent several hours reading through this thread and a couple of others, after a point in the right direction from one of my colleagues at work.

It would seem like everyone else, I was lured in to the (un)welcome trap due to a combination of circumstances that I have come to regret over the past two years.

I’m currently dealing with the Citizens Advice Bureau to try and reduce my monthly outgoings whilst still paying back my creditors, something that over the past year has been very difficult and nigh on impossible the past six months or so.

Anyway, enough chit chat…

I’m looking for a bit of advice before starting my full frontal assault on welcome and numerous other banks and lending companies.

Basically, by entering into a payment agreement with welcome and my other creditors through the CAB, am I in any way acknowledging that I am indebted to them or can I still pursue them down the CCA route. Not sure this paragraph makes sense but what I mean is if I request a ‘true’ copy of the Credit Agreement and I find that they cannot produce this in the time given, would the fact that I’m also seeking to agree payment terms with them, be seen as acknowledging my debt to them?

Finally, if I were to receive some form of payment (in relation to penalty charges) from welcome, as my account is seriously behind, could they insist that the ‘compensation’ is credited to my welcome personal loan? If so, presumably as these were illegally obtained penalties, could I not insist all money is paid to me directly?

In the meantime keep up the good work everyone!

I've received my info from Welcome, must give credit, pretty quickly. However the info contained is pretty 'grim' . Looks like I've been charged £1311.82 in PPI for a period of 16 months! Charges only ammount to £80, but I'll be having that back. The other interesting item on my statements near the end of the loan is an item marked as 'penalty fees' £641.37, does anyone know exactly what it is? If not I'll be calling Welcome asking them to explain it to me.

I think it is Grapes, I paid mine off early too but they always add penalties to any early redemption figure. They class i as interest they would lose due to ending the loan period early or something like that. IMO

Hi falcon185,

they have got a brass neck to say it is because they will loose interest on the loan.

For a 10,000 loan I paid this off in 4 years instead of 10 and the total amount I have repayed them is about £31076 give or take a few pounds.

I am determined to try and get some money back out of them.

They charged me £1440 for paying the loan of early, even at this they still got 21076.00 interest off me.

I have given them the 14 days letter for refund of charges and they have a week left.

As I understand it, the crux of redemption penalties being unlawful is that, in law, they can only claim a penalty to cover an actual loss not just 'not making as much profit as expected'. They would still have to prove it in court, just like bank charges.

Ummm what really annoys me is they tell you they are offering you a "further advance", then give you a minimal sum back for the insurance they say you have to have, charge you a penalty fee for their "recycling" of the loan and then charge you an acceptance fee for setting it up, its such a rip off and I am sure somewhere it cannot be lawful!