• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • The CMA’s latest monitoring report on road fuel shows that prices at the pump have risen since late January, accompanied by above average margins and spreads.View the full article
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4933 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

blanchie,

the PPi is a voluntary requirement, if you didnt want it and they said you had to have it then it was mis-sold to you, you have every right to claim the money back you paid for the PPI on all your loans. IT appears that Welcomes favourite trick is to say you cant have the loan if you dont have the PPI or they might say, if you take out the PPI the loan will be paid out quicker.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Falcan, but before i dive in and write to their head office, won't they just ask for proof that the branch i dealt with said i had to have it?

blanch

Halifax

Beaten twice!

Aktiv capital default

Removed!

Thames Credit default

Removed!

Barclaycard Default

Removed!

Welcome Finance PPI

Paid in full after LBA

Ex-wifes Barclays

Beaten!

I dont think that really matters Blanch,

they are probably aware that their Branch's have been mis-selling the PPI's to everyone, it looks like common practice, most people who have requested a refund have got it, I think the onus is on them to prove you wasnt mis-sold it ;-) Nothing ventured as they say ...:-D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

The trick they pulled on me was 'no you don't have to have it but if you don't we'll have to requote and the interest might go up'.

On a previous loan I cancelled the insurance but they ignored it. When I started making payments without the insurance premium included they told me I couldn't because the payment is fixed regardless of the insurance. I would have to negotiate a reduced payment, otherwise the loan would just be finished earlier. I'm sure that can't be right.

I think you will find Welcomes main office is Nottingham,The FSA covers all financial Lending weather its covered under the CCA or not. Welcome transact personal loans secured loans and Hire purchase. I think they do their HP in two sections one section covers the car and charges and repayments the other section covers the add ons they then put them togeather for one payment. My experiance of welcome is that they will do deals to reduce settlement figures and repayments. How ever they are hard on you if you miss payments but once you have missed a few they are easier to deal with. Try and return a car to them under your rights and they will be ba-----ds but stick to your guns and they go away. Good luck to your actions I dont think they will go to court they would hate that. In the next few days I might be posting a friends case with these people and its frightening just checking it out now

The Mortgage Man

The trick they pulled on me was 'no you don't have to have it but if you don't we'll have to requote and the interest might go up'.

On a previous loan I cancelled the insurance but they ignored it. When I started making payments without the insurance premium included they told me I couldn't because the payment is fixed regardless of the insurance. I would have to negotiate a reduced payment, otherwise the loan would just be finished earlier. I'm sure that can't be right.

If this was with Welcome, the original doc would have two columns of figures. One for the actual loan and the other for the "other items" like insurance etc. They may tell you it is all together but it isn't. thats why on the original form you would of have two seperate figues in the totals plus take a look at the interest rate. Personaly, the actual loan was one amount and the other was higher. I questioned this from day one and was told i needed it otherwise it could jepodise the rates and interest etc.

Personally I would write to them at branch level, tell them your not happy and give them 14 days to respond. Also include that if you do not have a satisfactory response, you will be contacting the head office with this issue and also writing a complaint to the FLA (finance Leasing ass.) regarding the way you have been mis-lead.

If anyone would correct me if I am wrong, please do. I wont take it personally

Welcome car finance - Won 19/10/06

Barclays - Offered 48% said no

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

hi,

Just to let you kow i have sent a SAR to Welcome today.

update when i recieve the onfo

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

Hi all,

I'm glad I started this thread now, it seems quite a few of us have been taken for mugs by Welcome, keep on fighting and good luck! :-D

Surreylad

As soon as they give me answers to the rest of the information I requested along with the subject access request then its straight to 14 days LBA and I shall file immediately.

Tony

Great, only thing I ask is that you have done a SAR then you should do the prelim letter before the LBA. Hence it is actually 28 days 14 + 14 days. This issue has come up on other threads in different areas of the forum and this seems to be the advice given.

Welcome car finance - Won 19/10/06

Barclays - Offered 48% said no

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

I agree with Surreylad, after the SAR do a prelim letter asking for them to pay it back, giving 14 days, after that then send the LBA, another 14 days then file your claim ;-)

Some more details of my welcome account. I have sent Subject Access Request on 02/11.

Originally financed the car in August 2000 for 4 years.

Price of goods £3200

deposit deducted £345

amount of credit £2855

Acceptance Fee £85

Finance charge (40.4%) £1675.56

total amount payable £4960.56

Insurance

Payment protection insurance £878.64

warranty Breakdown £285

any other products (????) £160

finance charge £754.64

balance payable £2078.28

total amount payable £6693.84 for a car with a screen price of £3200 (and a £345 deposit!)

so i paid this for 10 months at which point i decided i could not afford the repayments and called my helpful branch representative who advised me that he could lower my repayments by spreading them over 5 years. I did not at the time realise that this would begin a new contract. I would have owed them around £4864.44 when i changed the contract, and i'm sorry i cannot find the details of the new contract but i know i pay them £101 a month and so that would be £6060 on the original amount. Now i know i was late with a few payments but i dont think they ever allowed me to miss any, however i have worked out i should owe them £808 now, but according to my credit file which is up to date i owe them £1600! TUT! :confused:

I have requested my account details off of them and i will let you know what is charges. I know for a while i was paying them by debit card and i have read else where that they charge £3 for that, i never knew!

Anyway i plan to claim back all charges and insurances from both contracts. As far as the car goes i dont think i have a leg to stand on to claim money back, as i always contacted them by phone, also i have scrapped the car now so it doesn't even exist! I haven't told them this as i know while under finance it still officially belongs to them? I will be happy just to get the charges and insurances back as i'm sure that amounts to around £2k

Anyhow wish me luck!

Question : At what point do i stop my direct debit?

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

Hi all, this is my first post on here so excuse me if my knowledge isn’t as good as yours. Been a long time since I had debt problems before this, so I’m learning the hard way. So, here’s my story:

My partner & I took out a joint personal loan with Welcome in May 2004. Only £2000, repayable over 2 years. Interest was sky-high but like many who go to Welcome I have had debt problems in the past so they were my only option. Anyway, we paid our instalments regularly for over a year – 13 payments in fact at which point I was made redundant. For whatever reason, the PPI on this loan only covered my partner. I really can’t remember if this was stated to me at the time of taking the loan. That process was so pressurised that it a bit of a blur to be honest. Anyway, I wasn’t covered. My partner, who was self employed at the time was simply not in a position to pay as his business was losing money & he wasn’t even paying himself. With me not working, and him unable to make a claim as he wasn’t actually out of work, we had to stop payments. This was in July last year (2005). Since then we have constantly tried to get Welcome to discuss this with us, but nobody answers,. Telephone calls are ignored, letters are never replied to. Occasionally we would get a letter in the post saying ‘contact us now’, which we always did. But even then, nobody would ever speak to us. They just seemed to want to get it out for collection ASAP without ever giving us a chance to come to any agreement. Anyway, we have recently started to get letters from a DCA - Direct Legal & Collections. They are demanding we repay £5300. Bear in mind that the original loan was only £2000 & we paid on time for 13 months (out of 24). Ever since I’ve had this demand, I’ve been trying to find out how this figure of £5300 was arrived at. All my requests have been ignored – calls, letters, registered letters – you name it. No reply. Still the demands for £5300 come.

This site has given me a lot of pointers, but the terminology & methods i have to follow loses me. Basically, what I need to know is how I can get Welcome and/or DLC to send me a full breakdown of my account. I’d like a copy of my original agreement (cant find mine). I also see reference on here to Data Protection letters, subject action request, and so on. All of this means nothing to me, and the forums seem so awash with info, I’m lost as to where to start. Also, I see that I can claim back PPI, unreasonable charges & so on,. Again, I don’t know where to begin. I really need to know what I owe – this £5300 is ridiculous - and how to start to contest the charges, etc. Is anyone able to give me a nice simple ‘idiots guide’ as to what I am able to do, what info I can get, and how I go about it please?

Sorry to be a pain, but Welcome are causing me sleepless nights and I will feel a lot better knowing I am fighting against them & doing something positive.

Cheers

Hi Soli,

IMO I would issue an SAR to Welcome and a CCA to the DCA, these letters you can find in the templates. The fee for a SAR is £10 and the CCA £1.00. In your CCA letter to the DCA I would firmly state that the £1.00 is for the CCA information only as some DCA's use the money towards the debt. One of their little schemes to indicate you aknowledge the debt. Once the debt is in dispute they cannot carry out any further action on the account until the dispute has been resolved, so it should ease your insomnia somewhat. OTher people posting on this thread may have other ways of tackling this and any more info put forward I'm sure will be welcomed. ( No pun intended) ;-)

Thanks Falcon. I've had a search & found the templates you mention. I shall get that done over the weekend. Funny thing is, I dont dispuite we owe them money. But its the amount & the way they go about things thats really hacked me off. If they had spoken to me & discussed things properly, i'd be repaying. Theyre a company that preys on people who are already at a disadvantage in the credit market. Glorified loan sharking in many ways.

Best to send all correspondence recorded delivery would you say?

Incidentally, neither me nor my partner have ever been issued with a default notice, either before or after it went to the DCA. What are the legalities of that?

Looks as if i will have a busy weekend of letter writing! So glad i found this site - a real eye opener & given me hope theres light at the end of the tunnel.

One last thing - its 12 days for the DCA to reply to the CCA & 40 days for Welcome to respond to the SAR, yes? Should i point out that as the account is in dispute, no further action can be taken until things are resolved, or stick to the template format? And should i contact the solicitor acting for the DCA to advise him of whats going on? Sorry - so many questions.

Hi Soli,

Welcome have 40 days to respon to the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), the DCA have 12 days to comply with the CCA, if they do not respond within that time the debt becomes unenforcable until they comply, after a further month they then commit a criminal offence and should be reported to the relevent authorities. With the CCA I would allow an extra two days for both ie 12=14 and month-32 days allowing for post, ALL corres should be sent recorded delivery, they can then be tracked through the postal system ;-)

I think I got it right but if not I'm sure someone will point us both in the right direction! Thats why we are all here :-D

• Confused 1

Thanks for the reply. Should I advise the DCA's solicitor too of what I'm doing? Or is that up to the DCA? Also, shouldn't I have had a default notice at some point? Ive had nothing whatsoever. Also - the PPI. At the time of taking out the laon, it wasnt explained that it was optional. Thats very much my word against theirs though isnt it> So where do i stand on that? Is there some sort of letter i shoild be sending regarding that also?

Hi again Soli,

once the CCA has been sent to the DCA they should inform their solicitors and no further action should be taken due to the dispute. As for the PPI, a lot of people have been mis-sold these by Welcome, i would wait till you get your account statements back from your SAR request. You can then go through everything including your PPI payments, if you was mis-sold it you can claim it back :-D Which means MORE BEER TOKENS!!

I wouldnt worry about that, the account is in dispute and its down to Welcome to prove it wasnt mis-sold to you, when the loan was taken out did they say something along the lines as, " you need the PPI and/or if you take out the PPI it will speed up your application"?

I really wouldnt worry about it, if you go through the correct procedures like others have on here, Welcome appear to pay back these PPI claims when challenged ;-)