Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

after some considerable time we have finally managed to throw off the shackles of Welcome finance. I went to my local office today and personally served them with A Subject Access Request, which I advised the manager she might like to forward it to head office along with my cheque for the £10 fee?

I was wondering if anyone else had had any dealings with Welcome and have taken action against them similar to mine. It would be great to get some feedback from anyone who has and what stage they are at or the conclusion of their action?

Hope to hear from you soon Bazza

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sandy,

I took in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) today personally and gave it to the manager. She seemed ( or made out she knew what it was all about) and was probably on the phone to head office as soon as I left. They have charged me and others, I believe, extorsionate rates and prey on people who have had some adverse history financially in the past. Well, time for the fat cats to be placed on a diet ;-)

Good luck with yours, keep me posted

Bazza:D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

I would be interested to know a little more too as I have an HP agreement with Welcome Finance. The original agreement had PPI on it too but i immediately telephoned them and asked them to remove it. They said, "Sorry, but it's a legally binding agreement". I said "OK then, take the car back as I won't be paying a penny. Feel free to default me if you wish but you won't get any money." They cancelled the PPI.

My payment record has been OK for the two years I have been with them but the interest rate is extortionate. The biggest issue I have with them is for the past couple of months, having missed one payment, they decided (without telling me) to add another £30 a month to the payments to recover the missing payment so I cancelled the direct debit and began paying them in cash at the local office.

However the local office has now been relocated out of town and I no longer am able to get to them with cash payments. I don't have a cheque book so they insist on calling at my home for the money, charging me £25 a time. I have now told them that I will ONLY pay by bank transfer as I can do this online and although they initially said this couldn't be done they are now going to supply me with the details.

What I'm getting at is can I do anything about the high interest rate? The rest of the issues (callout charges, letter charges etc.) I can deal with. I will not be in a position to get another loan at a lower interest rate and still owe (according to them, I think it's less) about £5,000+

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Guys,

I cannot promise anything here but I will look into it for you.

This is a new one on me regarding doing something about the interest rate. My immediate instinct is the enforceablitiy of the agreement. If its a possible chance the agreement is unenforceable then there might be something that can be done. Even so I would imagine its going to be a tricky legal road to prove.

I shall endevour to find out.

Thanks, I'm toying with the idea that if the PPI part of the agreement was invalid (and obviously a lot of people have managed to get their PPI cancelled/refunded), then could it not be argued that as the PPI was origininally part of the agreement, then the fact that the PPI part is void renders the whole agreement void?

Hope this makes sense, in otherwords if part of an agreement is invalid then possibly it could be argued that the agreement as a whole is invalid?

I'm not exactly sure what might be gained if this was the case, except perhaps a decent reduction in the interest being charged?

Hi guys,

I'm not sure how you stand on the interest issue, however, if part of a contract is deemed void then surely the whole contract would be too?? something worth looking into dont you think?

My gripe with them is that we paid off out loan with tweo large payments but had late payment charges etc levied against us although we were still waiting for the money to be sent to them from another finance company. Also charged at least an extra £2000 or there abouts as penalties for paying off early redemption figure?

Will find out exactly how much soon!! ;-)

Thats the million dollar question.

If you feel you have a case using this argument then the first thing you need to do is approach Welcome and inform them what you reckon. This basically is putting pressure on Welcome but they could turn around and say "we dont think so, go to court then" etc. So the emphasise will be back on you to go that step further and take them to court. This is the tricky legal road I mentioned earlier.

The only people who can make a contract unenforceable is the court. As you know this could be expensive and there is no guarantee of winning. Welcome have you at the moment regarding the APR and the PPI will make them only think. As far as getting them to change it well I feel you will have to go to court or at least threaten such action. It looks like they are happy to give back the PPI but on the APR I think they will just sit back and see what you do.

What about hitting them with the unfair contracts ??? If you could prove to the court that you signed the dodgy contract under extreme pressure and hardship and you couldnt get help anywhere else financially and you felt you had no where or no-one to turn to to help you out of the financial mess you was in, assuming you weas in that situation of course.

Yes, I've thought of that and approached Trading Standards some time ago, who didn't think that the Unfair Contracts Act would cover it. Personally I have found my local TS office to be less than useful on most times I have contacted them to be honest.

I'm hoping to find something more concrete to hit them with rather than take them (Welcome) on "blind" as it were.

HI Guys, yes they are covered under the FSA, just cut and pasted this from their website ;-)

Welcome Financial Services is a trading name of Progressive Financial Services Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

My immediate instinct here is to do a SARN to them and get all paperwork they have on you.

I'm sure, under FSA regulations, they have to cover themselves regarding your ability to pay the instalments.

It will be worth getting confirmation from the FSA on this.

I personally issued them with an SAR yesterday, the local office looked like they didnt know what to do with it, the manager made out she did which was quite funny really. Just waiting for the next 40 days to find out just how much they have taken off me in unlawful charges then the fun begins again ;-)

Mine was a personal loan and hopefully when I get back the details of my account from them they will be paying me back all their extortionate charges within 6 wks ;-)

Hi All,

after some considerable time we have finally managed to throw off the shackles of Welcome finance. I went to my local office today and personally served them with A Subject Access Request, which I advised the manager she might like to forward it to head office along with my cheque for the £10 fee?

I was wondering if anyone else had had any dealings with Welcome and have taken action against them similar to mine. It would be great to get some feedback from anyone who has and what stage they are at or the conclusion of their action?

Hope to hear from you soon Bazza

Hi Falcon 185

Wrote to them 3 weeks ago, recorded delivery and they have not replied. First thing Tuesday morning I am taking my DPA into the main branch in Glasgow. Gonna file against these sods as soon as I get the information on the account from them and there 14 days are up.

Tony

• Haha 1

Nice one Tony,

keep us posted on here and let us know how you get on, I will do likewise for all you Welcome fighters :-D Dont forget the cheque for £10 when you take in your SAR Tony. you will probably find, like I did that the local branch wont deal with it they send it on to head office. Seems they will /have been getting quite a few ;-)

Has anyone actually had a good result through taking action against Welcome??

• Confused 1

Hi Guys,

I have also had problems with Welcome.

I have Car Finanace and its got to a point where I have about £4000 left.

I am pretty sure they have been stinging me on fees etc. I have located the account number and I will be sending in an SAR.

I am unable to locate the address though. I am sure I have seen it on here somewhere but totally unable to locate it now.

Can anyone please advise.

Many thanks,

Ron

The Woolwich - Case being held by Court. £1700

Halifax - Case being held by Court. £800

Halifax Visa - 1st Request, Awaiting response. £800 + removal of default notice.

Natwest - LBA - £800.

Hi Ron,

Try this Address:

Kingston House,

Centre 27 Business Park,

Woodhead Road, Birstall,

Batley WF17 9TD.

This is their main address I believe.

Bazza:D

• Confused 1

On the agreement its:

Welcome Finance,

Wilford Business Park

Nottingham

NG11 7EP

but on their letterheads it's as above. The letterheads also contain their company registration number (133540) which is shown just before the address so this would appear to be the favourite.

The last letter I wrote to that address though (when I complained about continuous phone calls and messages left by the local branch after a payment was even a couple af days late) was completely ignored and just passed back to the local branch for action - the head office didn't bother to contact me at all.

Thats typical Welcome though isnt it? I made numerous calls to my local branch in relation to my payments and having paid off a substantial ammount wanted them to reduce my payments, would they ring me back?? I bet you can guess the answer to that!