Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an early settlement statement from Welcome, is there anyone cleverer that could look it over and tell me if it's the pile of poo I think it is?

I have a big fight started with them, thread below, any advice welcome (haha)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/131435-welcome-finance-missold-ppi.html

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

I made a complaint to Welcome Finance with regard to a mis-sold PPI.

They wrote to me yesterday and told me I had agreed and chaallenged me to complain to the FSA.

The thing is I paid up the account in March and I still have not received an acknowledgement that the account is closed.

They operate a very shoddy business and then they tell you all their staf are fully trained and expert in their duties. This I know is untrue. I will never deal with this company again.

I will be replying to their bull **** letter telling them what I think of their service.

Welcome is the wrong name for their company.

• 2 weeks later...

UNWELCOME fits nicely dont you think?

Anyone had any success yet? :)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

got a quick q, about this lot..

i was called up out the blue and offered a car on HP, i have two defaults from 2003 for a mobile phone contract and a bank loan. They are both cleared and i have no problems getting things like bank accounts and mobile phones, but get turned down for credit cards and hp agreements.

so when they called, out of interest i attended there show show room. they were nice and very professional, until they went through the figure and i say no way.. they them turned a little rude and said (this is a direct quote: we'll you wont get much better giving your financial circumstances, if i was you a would take whats on offer as if you say no today we may not be able to offer you it again in the further)

what a check, a mistake 5 years ago and i am still being called down for it!

anyway i left and a week or so later checked my file (i have a subscription with experian) and they had added three searches. i emailed experian and they replied saying they were for different products, two for hp and one for a loan and agreed to remove on hp search but i would need to prove that i didn;t agree to the loan.

i call welcome and they said that they did a loan as part of the hp??

confused, me too

Hi Curr946

I have said all along that this is one of their party tricks - muddy your credit file anyway they can so you have to keep going to the likes of them.

I had a loan with them and never missed a payment and it was settled early - when I checked my credit file they had listed late payments for no reason. kick up an absolute stink, they have made you look as if you were asking for lots of credit 3 times in a row.

Information Commissioner - complain to them for starters

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

Sound advice from Dipply,

these rogues need to be stopped and I'm really surprised that nothing has been done about them considering all the complaints that have been made against them.:mad:

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

got a quick q, about this lot..

i was called up out the blue and offered a car on HP, i have two defaults from 2003 for a mobile phone contract and a bank loan. They are both cleared and i have no problems getting things like bank accounts and mobile phones, but get turned down for credit cards and hp agreements.

so when they called, out of interest i attended there show show room. they were nice and very professional, until they went through the figure and i say no way.. they them turned a little rude and said (this is a direct quote: we'll you wont get much better giving your financial circumstances, if i was you a would take whats on offer as if you say no today we may not be able to offer you it again in the further)

what a check, a mistake 5 years ago and i am still being called down for it!

anyway i left and a week or so later checked my file (i have a subscription with experian) and they had added three searches. i emailed experian and they replied saying they were for different products, two for hp and one for a loan and agreed to remove on hp search but i would need to prove that i didn;t agree to the loan.

i call welcome and they said that they did a loan as part of the hp??

confused, me too

Curr it might be best to start your own thread about this.

Just a question tho did you agree to the HP/loan

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi GodMother,

I know you mean well but please dont discourage anyone from posting on this thread, I actively encourage newbies to post on here as this thread is full of information that could be relevant to them, thats the reason I initially started this thread. Most people who do refer to this one actually have started their own threads but theres nothing like finding posts from others who have had similar problems, its all about helping each other at the end of the day and showing Companies like "Welcome" we are not afraid of them and we will fight back when wronged. :)

Edited by falcon185

I understand what your saying falcon but i think that the newbies post may turn into a long thread which may hamper us from helping you.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

I started reading this thread 4 hours ago and have just finished. You have given me an idea of how to start the long process of removing the nails in my coffin and banging em into theirs. Anyway. quick question. I have an outstanding loan with them which is currently more than the original amount because i fell into arrears. I sent off a CCA request and recieved the relevant paperwork and a statement. i find they have nailed me for charges. What can i do to get these charges wiped off my account so i can pay em off early?

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

u can write to them demaning they are removed but this cn only happen if the cca is invalid.

so am i right in saying that I cant have these excessive charges wiped from my balance? Surelly a charge that is excessive is classed as a penalty and therefore not lawfull? Are welcome finance not subject to the same rules as the banks????

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

swings and roundabouts.

yes u can have the excessive charges removed but u will need a unenforcable cca. But on the other hand u can have ur PPI back if it would not be valid anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

hi just seen this thread so i thought i would add to it lol

we have been with welcome a long time now but nearly 3 yrs ago my hubby was made retired under ill health turnd out to be siatica of lower back and pain in both legs so after a few medicals which includes one from the dss in blackpool he has been classed unfit to work etc

anyway pp is still paying his account each month now today we get a letter saying intrest has gone up 1.34% and that for one of us to phone them up regarding the payment hubby phoned ppment up and and they said they cannot increase it so we are at loggerheads not knowing what to do any offer of help advice will be much appreciated

to be honest i dont know why they havent written it off or p/p paid it all as he wont work again and this is on his notes from all the medicals hes had which one confirmed from welcome so i dont know why it hasnt been paid of in full

tyvm for listning

hugs

ABG

Hi just been reading through this thread - we too have a loan with welcome due to data on my husbands file (cca's requested none returned) my husband had a serious accident at work and was off for nearly a year, we went into a dmp with cccs but the companies defaulted us, a year ago we needed a loan and welcome gave it us. We've just returned back from our 1st family holiday since my husbands accident to 2 x letters stating the interest was increasing on our loan, my question is are they allowed to do this as the interest they already charges is excessive.

Hi All,

I have just spent a few days reading through this and several other threads regarding WFS. Had car on HP agreement dated 2002. Various reasons couldn't keep up repayments, they defaulted me, went to court and refused the amount i offered to pay. They then froze bank account causing all sorts of problems and other things not getting paid, charges etc. They now have/had my wages garnished. However as i no longer work, am on disability benefit, they have had no money from me since Feb 08. I tried to call them beginning of week after checking CR, finally after 6 different attempts got hold of LCU, who informed me that i actually owe £1500 more than is on my file?? Asked him to send statement of account, still waiting! That's when i found this site.... Hurrah.

So now the journey begins, I am putting together my S.A.R. I have a copy of original agreement and court default notice, won't be telling them that though, will be interesting to see what comes back.

The amount of support and information on this thread alone is outstanding :)

storm

Hi Storm,

Dont let them away with anything. I was with them and statements where few and far between. I had to beg for them. They employ idiots and train them to be ignorant. Luckily my bank gave me a loan to pay them off. I'm a lot happier without Welcome Finance I can tell you. Send your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) by recorded delivery and chase them when the forty days are up dont give them any lee-way at all. Get what you can off them, their the worst finance company on earth.

Good luck.

Edited by todd390

• 1 month later...

I am posting firstly to bump postggj's question again - this is V important info, if anyone can help?

Secondly, for a laugh and to warn anyone, I have a fight going with Welcome at the mo. There have been various letters going back and forth (mainly mine going forth lol). Getting nowhere then they tried the head in the sand tactic - so just a few weeks ago passed to the Ombudsman, and wrote to Welcome to tell them so.

Out of the blue last night a rep from Welcome appears at the door! This is after months of just no contact back from them despite repeated letters.

Tell him account is in dispute, all in writing blah blah. He says he is from collections, they are unaware of a dispute so can we give him details (hmmm, fishing for info methinks). I offer to print off the complaint and give him a copy away quite happily - off I go to the printer (this is all in the garden BTW, not in my home!).

Now - while I am at the printer my OH is with little sneaky man who starts gabbing and trips himself right up....forgets he is 'unaware of a dispute' and starts asking about the complaint he seen in the system. Then says they have a 'special offer' (pmsl) and why doesn't he just write off half the debt right now.

Just like that for no reason? Hmmmm. To someone who has not paid them a penny since MARCH, apparently owes thousands and Welcome take NO action but to appear at the door and offer to just clear half the balance cause they are just super lovely peeps?

HAHAHA - wee man out fishing for info and to see if they could make us go away on the cheap. Tut tut Welcome, you know who I am now and I hope you know now I ain't going away - and that you are gonna finally be honest or get your butt kicked.

And we want a lot more than half that balance - you OWE us TWICE that without even getting to any compensation.

Missold PPI - £1097

Interest on PPI - £934 (approx)

Interest on Missold part of loan - £900 (approx)

PPI refunds not given when settling loans - £300

Thats for starters.

:D

Dipply75

hi dipply

me thinks they are getting very worried, we are finally turning the screw on them

people with current complaints are starting to ask the right questions on this insurance racket and they are worried

once again

any one with ppi with welcome

who is paying it

welcome or the name of the actual insurance company

Hi Everyone

I also have an account with these cowboys. I currently work in a solicitors office where we have started a dept dealing with unenforceable agreements etc but not with PPI at present. Through work I have sent a S.A.R & CCA request. The only thing I am not sure on though is the last signed agreement I can find which pre dates 04/2007 has been declared in breach of contract, meaning I can take them to court for the judge to asses if it is unenforceable. The problem that has now arisen is that I was on maternity leave until recently and had to reduce payments as maternity pay is **** !!. Anyways i cant remember if I signed a new agreement but apparently if I have, this supersedes the last one which means it doesnt count ? Can anyone help at all ? I have started the ball rolling with my PPI claim but I might as well go the whole hog, with the help of the lovely ppl on here !! Thanks xxxx :)

Hi Welcomeitaint, and welcome (just love saying that, sorry!)

1st thing to check when you get your agreement through (if you do)is were you pregnant when you took out the PPI? When did you request your CCA?

Why would you have signed a new agreement - was is a new loan or were you having trouble keeping up the payments and they asked you to sign a new one?

And yes...maternity pay is pathetic. The one time in your life you have to spend LOTS more and your income plummets! :confused:

Edited by Dipply75
typed gibberish!

Dipply75

Hi all just to give u all a quick update as im sure u have seen my thread on these lovely folk lol well anyway i last got a call from them in Sept 08 offering to reduce the balance from 6500 to 1700 on condition that i pay 81 per month with interest to be added on and that i sign a new agreement well i said i only owe you 900 pounds so why should i pay the finance charge for the ppi and insurances i didnt need/want in the first place anyway the guy said he could offer any more than that i told him i would take legal advice.

anyway fastforward to last friday gets a call from someone else stating that my a/c is in serious arrears and can i clear the balance or futher action etc blah told him a/c is in dispute what do u want etc? he then told me i cant discuss the a/c with u blah blah that old chestnut again (u can take my 8000 pounds though eh) i thought well after i brought him up to spped i asked him what do u want as this call was coming from derby he puts me onto someone else who appears to be all nice yeah right, i give him my solicitors name address and telephone i say talk to them havent heard anything since?

Hmmm, is this a new tactic with disputes they don't know what the hell to do with? Apparently pass is to 'collections' who then pretend all sorts of awful things can happen if you don't pay, but, for no reason at all and without taking any action against you, we will suddenly offer to write off huge amounts of the 'debt'?

Therefore, dispute closed, you have accepted an offer and they get off easily and cheaply.......how bloody gullible to they think we still are?

I've seen what that company does to people who owe them money, there is no nice side to it. If they can take action against you - they will. Suddenly offering to wipe out thousands just speaks volumes!

Dipply75