style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2519 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I have a shared tenancy agreement with my house mate. We both signed a contract for 1 year and paid the deposit (1 month).

The contract is about to expire and I don’t want to extend it, so two months ago I gave notice to my landlord (two recorded letter and ten emails). My housemate said to the landlord that he was interested to keep the property, so he would try to find someone to take my room.

I have recently received a letter from the landlord telling me that the contract will expire in two days and asking me to go to his office to discuss if I want to renew the contract Obviously, as I made clear in the letters and emails, I am not interested in renewing the contract and I’ll be leaving in 2 days. My landlord point is that it is a shared contract and therefore he needs confirmation from both of us, otherwise the contract is automatically renewed.

Do I have the right to claim my deposit back? If so, how can I do it? The deposit is in a deposit service.

I have the feeling I haven’t done anything wrong. I have always paid rent on time and I have given my landlord two month notice, as required. I do not think it would be fair to extend that contract against my wish.

Apologise for my English, but I am not native English speaker.

Thank you very much.

Petr