Ho Chi Min

Right of a DCA to make entries on Credit Report

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

In brief

3 year battle with a DCA over a debt which wasn't mine.

Earlier this year they conceded in writing that I wasn't the debtor and that they had removed me from their database nearly 14 months before.

On the day they removed my details they made an entry on my credit report and then 8 months later made a search.

Given that a DCA needs some form of authority to make entries or search and also given that this DCA conceded I was not the debtor and therefore had no authority how do I get these entries removed from an otherwise clean history.

I've tried talking to them but they now claim they do not have authority to talk to me because of the provisions of the DPA

You need to make a formal complaint to the Data Controller of the DCA such as.

Ref: Unauthorised Searches Made on CRA Files.

Dear sir,

This is formal complaint regarding ''unauthorised'' searches made on my credit reference files held by xxxxx credit reference agency, (you need to chexk all 3 main agencies) as you should be aware I have had reason to complain previously regarding the conduct of your company regarding the use of the data files.

I now find that a search has been made to my files on xx xx xxxx I have not at any time authorised any such action, as your company conceeded that I was not the person you were pursuing, no further entries or searches are necessary or authorised.

I enclose a screen shot of the disputed entries for your information.

I now require you ro remove ALL data from ALL credit reference agency files with immediate effect and confirm to me in writting that you have done so.

It is my belief that the unauthorised intervention is a breach of the DPA 1998 and of OFT Guidance on debt collection 2003 updated November 2012 and are damaging to my credit profile, and your your company should make a reasonable offer of compensation given the stress and anxiety your companys' conduct has caused me.

I expect a reply to this letter within 7 working days of the date of this letter.

I am prep[aring a complaint to the Information commissioners office regarding the conduct of your company in regard to the use of credit reference agency files.

This letter is sent by RM Recorded Delivery and receipt WILL be checked.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: