Income support & carers allowance

Sizzy121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum claims dla & esa. I have a 3 year old

Daughter & my mums full time carer, i claim

Income support bt was nt aware until 3 weeks ago that i could claim carers allowance, so I put a claim in and was just wondering how much carers allowance & income support i would now be eligible for & if it is backdated?

As long as your mum gets middle rate care you will be able to claim its £58 per week, this is taken off your income support and a diability premium is added of £30 so you will be better off by £30. My daughters claim was backdated for the maximum, that is 3 months. My daughter applied on line for carers and the money including the back pay was in her account in 8 days. Hope this helps.

Edited by honour2012
no space between words

Thats great 8 days! I sent my form away 2 weeks ago and called on friday, thy said my carers allowance had been accepted & they were just waitin on word back from income support to give it the go ahead and told me to call back at begining of week, wondering whether to call today or not.

Anyone knw hw mch i will have backdated? My

Income support is being cut to £40 a week nw i claim the £58

Carers allowance so will i get the £58 backdated or just the £32 extra that i get a week?

Is that what it's called. I just remember when a relative had middle rate dla they had the choice of who got the premium

Yes. The carers premium is what you get if you receive an income based benefit such as income support and either receive carers allowance or have an underlying entitlement to it.

Can someone answer another carers question. On income related esa that is reduced because of industrial injuries benefit. Being in the support group I get the extra premiun for that. I know carers will be deducted, will I get a premium added to that because of claiming carers. Well confused.