kburb

Urgent help needed re oncall rota

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Two months ago I took up a job as a care coordinator. Wage was £8. I was told Id have to cover the oncall system one weekend out of every four. Roll on two months, I am on call - both as emergency on call and backup - 7 nights a week plus one Saturday a week. I work in the office from 9-5 and have to also cover going out on calls both before and office hours and during the weekend.

I am now told that I have to also cover Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and boxing day.

I am not happy. Where do I stand legally? No contract has been signed. Im having a meeting with the business owner today together with the other one coordinator who is equally unhappy.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

set out your concerns and that this is fundamentally different than the agreed terms and see what they say

bottom line is with your time there they can do as they please with you and just finish you if you do not like it, until you get a response it isn't worth going into the working time directive or what type of on call it is in my opinion

sounds like they are extracting the proverbial though