Vodafone again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I took out a two year contract with Vodafone when ended in June. I rang Vodafone to give my 30 days notice that I would not be renewing, as I was going to get the new iPhone in October and so would start another contract then. I explained this to the rep and he suggested a 12 month contract which I could cancel when the phone came out - I assumed it was a 30 day rolling contract.

Turns out it wasn't, so when I came to cancel in October, I was told I'd need to pay each month until June 2013. As miffed as I was, I agreed so cancelled the contract and direct debit, and was told I would receive my final invoice in the post.

No letters were received in October but at the beginning of this month, I received a letter for over £300 (at least double the amount my contract would have been). I contacted Vodafone who admitted the error and my new bill would be £150, they would send the invoice. No letter came. I contacted Vodafone about a week ago to chase it up and repeatedly asked for an invoice. The rep sent me this email:

'>From Vodafone, Just to confirm the outstanding balance on the account is 149.00. Vodafone Customer Services'

There was no name in the email, no customer ref, no account number and no means of paying. As we'd talked about sending a letter I assumed this would follow. A few days ago a letter from a debt collection agency arrived for the amount of £175 with the usual threats.

I am happy to pay the £150, I was happy to do that two months ago providing I had an invoice. I'm only 22 and at university so would be extremely annoyed if this was on my credit file. If it is, I will be demanding its removal.

I'll contact the web team and keep you all updated.

Thanks

Edited by ASupertramp

Don't worry, Lee from Vodafone will be able to sort this mess out.

You don't owe anything, this was missold and will be easily defended if it were needed, but I ma very confident the Voda rep will be able to get this sorted for you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Don't worry, Lee from Vodafone will be able to sort this mess out.

You don't owe anything, this was missold and will be easily defended if it were needed, but I ma very confident the Voda rep will be able to get this sorted for you.

Thanks for the reply. I originally (when I went to cancel in October) thought it was missold but it seems Vodafone cannot offer rolling contracts over the phone and it was due to my assumptions, based on the conversation about buying the new iPhone, that this new 12 month contract was rolling, the rep never explicitly agreed. Basically, it was my own fault for not doing enough due diligence.

The issue is this £150 and lack of the invoice. Had they sent me the correct letter at the beginning, it would have been paid immediately, I've yet to have written confirmation other than this debt collection letter.

I did have the link for the Voda rep. Lee. But have lost the bookmark, I absolutely guarantee that he will be able to put this to bed for you once and for all, don't even give it a second thought, if you get no response in a couple of days bump this thread and I'll alert the site team to get him on board.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I did have the link for the Voda rep. Lee.

:)

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] ne.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

the email address doesn't copy and paste so well....

It's [email protected]

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Just wanted to add that I've contacted the Debt&Revenue Services to inform them that I have disputed the payment and got the rudest and most obnoxious person on the phone who gave me an earbashing about how it's now their debt and he couldn't care less if I've contacted Vodafone.

Edit: Can someone please confirm that I should have received a default notification letter? In fact, should I have received any letters before it was passed onto the DCA? (The only letter I have from Vodafone is the £300 one)

Second edit: Just checked my credit rating and Vodafone have put on a balance of £301!! They've even admitted this isn't the correct amount!

Edited by ASupertramp

Just wanted to add that I've contacted the Debt&Revenue Services to inform them that I have disputed the payment and got the rudest and most obnoxious person on the phone who gave me an earbashing about how it's now their debt and he couldn't care less if I've contacted Vodafone!

This is why the advice is to never deal with financial matters over the phone, especially when it has been passed to a useless debt collector, the little child you had giving you an earbashing on the phone, has only just moved from flipping burgers, to a desk with a phone and a script to read from.

Ignore them, your not in dispute with them, your in dispute with Voda, the sooner they (DCA) realise they're ineffective and your not the slightest bit bothered by them then the sooner they will jog on.

This is why the advice is to never deal with financial matters over the phone, especially when it has been passed to a useless debt collector, the little child you had giving you an earbashing on the phone, has only just moved from flipping burgers, to a desk with a phone and a script to read from.

Ignore them, your not in dispute with them, your in dispute with Voda, the sooner they (DCA) realise they're ineffective and your not the slightest bit bothered by them then the sooner they will jog on.

Yeah I shouldn't have rang and have ignored them since.

Does anyone know how long it takes before Lee looks into this and logs that I've made this complaint - I'm only wondering as I feel like by not paying and if Vodafone don't know I'm kicking up a fuss, the penalties will get worse?

Does anyone know how long it takes before Lee looks into this

Hi,

Lee is normally online frequently, not been on since the 21st so would think he'll be on within the next few days.

I've sent him a pm to alert him to this thread.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Well after a lengthy phone call today, starting with customer services, then Credit&Collections I was finally able to get this solved. Apparently they will be removing the credit score asap.

However, it's now cost me around £20 in phone call cost to contact Vodafone, is there a way I can claim this back. It's bad enough I've had to chase them up about this, let alone having to pay for it.

Unlikely I would have thought, although spending a score to get your credit file rectified may well be worth it, however, as this was again all done over the phone and you have no evidence of the content of the conversation, (unless of course you recorded it) then wait and see if if they can actually stick to their word.

Hi ASupertramp,

It's good to see that help was at hand while I've been away.

Whilst I can see that some progress has been there appears to be an outstanding issue concerning your credit file and so I'll get this followed up and get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• Haha 1