Capital One PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all again, been a while since I was last here :roll:

About 9 weeks ago now I sent a FOS PPI complaint/questionnaire to Capital One. One of their pushy salespersons phoned me up one evening and put the hard sell on me and persuaded me to agree to take out PPI, with some hard to understand lingo about "xx pence per outstanding £100 on your balance per month" or something like that.

Anyway - the card was settled and canceled a few years back. I'm guessing that the PPI probably totals no more than £200-£300 (they never agreed to send me my statements etc because they were completed ********s when I sent my SAR).

Instead of going straight to the FOS now, perhaps I should send another carefully worded letter which will remind them that if I complain to the FOS they are going to be charged at least £500 (and maybe another £350 on top of that I understand) so they might as well pay up now to make it easier for everyone. My only qualm might be that it's almost blackmail, but I don't see my demand was unwarranted and it's not really a menace is it?

Any thoughts please before I get writing again? cheers :)

thegfb vs Natwest PPI - WON - £5.5k refunded October 2011 :-D

thegfb vs Sainsburys Bank PPI - referred to FOS 15/09/2011, WON - £2.7k refunded February 2013 :wink:

thegfb vs Capital One PPI - Complaint sent September 2012, dragging their heels :roll:

ongoing...

------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all your advice so far :D

Thank you, does this letter sound ok? Not too pushy?

Executive Office

Capital One

PO Box 5281

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

1st December 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Account number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

I am writing following my correspondence sent to you by 1st class recorded delivery on 25th September 2012. This was a complaint regarding the misselling of Payment Protection Insurance on the aforementioned credit card account.

Nearly 10 weeks have now passed and I am very disappointed that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my complaint, let alone a satisfactory outcome.

I am now considering forwarding my complaint to the FOS to deal with on my behalf. It is my understanding that this will incur your organisation a charge of £850, as well as any money owed to me should they decide in my favour (which I firmly believe will be the outcome of any investigation since I have a very strong case of misselling).

With this in mind, I propose that it would be in everyone's best interest in this matter for you to immediately refund me all of my PPI premiums paid on the account plus the statutory 8% interest.

If I do not hear from your within 14 days of receipt of this letter I will presume that my proposal has been declined and I will be taking my complaint to the FOS.

Yours faithfully,

thegfb

thegfb vs Natwest PPI - WON - £5.5k refunded October 2011 :-D

thegfb vs Sainsburys Bank PPI - referred to FOS 15/09/2011, WON - £2.7k refunded February 2013 :wink:

thegfb vs Capital One PPI - Complaint sent September 2012, dragging their heels :roll:

ongoing...

------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all your advice so far :D