Charlie_2012

Who is at fault?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was driving down a dark road that was a 40 mile zone. A woman was parked on the other side of the road with hazard lights on - as I neared her I still couldn't see that both her side doors were open which resulted in me clipping one of the doors and denting it (also meaning I needed a new wing mirror) - who is at fault?

Sounds as if she probably was. Why was the door open and what speed were you going?

Not sure why the doors were open - but both of them were opened on to the road and I was just under the speed limit as I was passing her - I just didn't leave enough room for both unattended doors to be passed. They were fully open too not slightly ajar.

Dipped headlights on your CAR,if so you should have seen the other car with hazzard lights on and acted with due care.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

With Brig on this. You should have adjusted your speed to allow for the limitation of your lights and what you could see.

Was she parked facing the right way?

Edited by Bandit127

without sounding negative, you were moving other car was stationary so your fault, sorry

yes sadly you are at fault.

though why does everyone feel their hazard lights are an EXCUSE for doing something stupid.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

You are at fault, you should have slowed down to the point were you could stop within the distance you could see clearly.

I just didn't leave enough room for both unattended doors to be passed

Seems you already knew the answer as you have admitted.

yes sadly you are at fault.

though why does everyone feel their hazard lights are an EXCUSE for doing something stupid.

dx

it is because the car and the nut behind the wheel think they are going both left and right - as indicated! so something stupid has to happen!