What would you do if your employer is fiddling................. .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im curious as to know what you guys would do in this situation...

Working for a company where you cover many different customers/contracts which have set time to be completed as per the contract agreement. ie... 3 hours fix..ect. In some cases your employer owes the customers/contracts fees if a job is completed outside the contracted fix time.

What would you do if your employer tells you to be inaccurate to deceive the customers/contracts by manually fiddling the figures to defraud/deceive customers?

Let it go and get on with it to make your employer happy

Or

Raise the matter with your line manager or possibly formally with HR?

Now thats a difficult situation.

If it were a manager who was asking me to falesify data to make money for the company I would probably spill the beans

if I was confident the company woud back me.

But, as its the actual company who are blantantly fiddling the data sheets to defraud the customers its a completely different kettle of fish.

It would take a brave person to do this as I'm sure your head would definately be on the chopping block.

I dont think they would appreciate a member of staff bringing to their attention they are fiddling !!!

In the real world they should be 'outed' , but I think if you were to tell them you are not happy with what they are doing you would be out of a job.

Its not right at all but the weight of the company would outweigh you .

Its a sorry state of affairs when corruption outweighs honesty !

Hi

No you need to ensure the company has a Whistle Blowing Policy in place which legally it should and if you raise the issue pointing out that you are raising this concern under the Whistle Blowing Policy its Protected Disclosure.

But if you are going to do this you really need to be sure you have the evidence to back it up and not just he said she said as its hearsay have you recorded this individual saying this to yourselves at all and a paper trail.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

No you need to ensure the company has a Whistle Blowing Policy in place which legally it should and if you raise the issue pointing out that you are raising this concern under the Whistle Blowing Policy its Protected Disclosure.

But if you are going to do this you really need to be sure you have the evidence to back it up and not just he said she said as its hearsay have you recorded this individual saying this to yourselves at all and a paper trail.

I have a recording of an individual(not management) telling me to break the rules 'as per management have told them to'.

Also in black and white i have taken a snapshot of the companys system which clearly states different actions/timing to what i actually did.

This happens weekly and has done for the past 2 years, ever since they employed a very dodgey management. Others have raised the issues but the company reject it and claim the person who raised the issue was misunderstood or had made a mistake.

Hi

I would still say to be careful as the recording Management could deny this instruction and state the employee done this of their own accord so to speak.

As for taking snapshots you would also need to be careful as this would be done during your working period and any IT Security Policy they have in place as you are taking screenshot on a company computer in company time of company documents so to speak.

Please check your contract of employment very carefully, Any Policy and Procedure on IT Security or Electronic Communications and Confidentiality Policy and Procedure.

I am not trying to put you off at all but trying to make you aware of the possible ramifications on yourself and that if you do you need to be prepared for that

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

is there a parent company here?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would look for another job before spilling the beans and whikle I Was still employed fill in my work correctly and then its up to those higher up if they later change records, make sure you have done nothing wrong.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

It is all about what you feel comfortable with.

If you are happy to falsify documents in the companies favour and with management knowledge of you doing so then continue as you have been.

But I suspect you would not have raised this question if you did feel comfortable with what is going on.

Personally, I would raise the matter with my line manager first via email and get a written response on what s/he expects from you in the given circumstances. If the direction from your manager is to falsify the documents in favour of the company then I would definitely make a protected disclosure.

In the off chance that this ever got out, lets say a customer realised what had been done and decided to take further/legal action you can bet your bottom dollar senior management will drop you right in it and do everything possible to protect the company.

IS a very difficult position to find yourself in and only you can decide what action to take that feels right for you.

DJ