Desmondo1

Studio 24 charges reclaim, help need in wording of letter.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sometime ago i posted that my partner had run up some debts with studio and next. The advice i was given from the forum was to send a SAR which is what have done and reclaim any charges. I have had time to examine the file and note that there was only £140 of charges which I have inserted into the calculator. I note that studio charge 44.9% interest if you pay by any means other than d/d which my partner did. I have therefore applied that rate of interest to the charges and this now equates to £229.

I want to reclaim this charge or have this amount reduce the o/s balance of her debt. I have checked the library and could only see one template nothing specific about reducing an outstanding balance. Should i take the template and amend the wording to fit with her situation? I would appreciate some assistance on the wording if anyone could help here.

I am still awaiting my SAR from next but once i get this back my intention is to do the same and attempt to reduce the total amount due. I would then be hopeful of making some sort of full and final offer to settle the debt in the new year.

You can amend the template in the library to suit your needs.

Add a paragraph to the effect that you require these charges and associated interest to be credited back to the account forthwith.

Add a further paragraph to the effect that if they do not do this then you will put them on 14 days notice of court action.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks for your reply i will do that. The wife has just shown me a letter which came in the other day from a DCA Lewis debt recovery, can honestly say that i have never heard of them and they are not the company that wrote before. They are offering 50% of the debt if we can pay by the 29/11/12.

Its good they are talking like this already,Hopefully i can get that down a bit further, i note in the SAR there was no credit agreement whatsoever. I will aim for a return on the charges first, then f&f.