kaz58mon

are we liable for my decseased mothers unpaid rent bill ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2519 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

please can someone advise

my two bothers , sister and i , as to whether we are liable for my late mums final rent payment.

My mum had been living in sheltered housing for 18 months prior to her unexpected death back in may this year.

Her rent was always paid on time,

she was a model tennent.

However, yesterday, nearly seven months down the line, my brother ( executor of her will )

received a letter from the company who owned the sheltered accomodation, stating her last payment of 470.00 was returned as unpaid.

Our dear mum, had money in her bank account to cover this payment, and as we had heard nothing before, we were shocked to hear this had now come up.

my mums bank account was closed after her funeral bill, and memorial stone was payed, and she barely had enough to cover that.

now they expect us as her family to pay for this rent to be backdated !!!

are we legally liable for this, after all these months have passed ,

please can someone advise us,

she was the only tennant,

no one had joint tennacy as my father passed away 17 years ago .

How despicable.

I am sorry for your loss, if there is nothing left of her estate then they can't get paid, simple.

Although I'm taking the biased view and would tell them to go play on the motorway.

Others will hopefully give you a more constructive solution, but I am pretty sure that as their is nothing left in your mums estate then your definitely not liable for this.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Only the Estate was responsible for your mother's debts... rent included. If there were insufficient assets after paying funeral costs any creditors lose out, particularly non priority debts which in this case is the Housing Association.

All your brother has to do is write to them as Executor and tell them there was nothing in your mother's estate.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Yes, if there was an value in her estate then the bill would have to be paid out of that. If there is nothing - then there is nothing they can do.

thank you so much for your reply.

I know its not a massive amount of money,

but i dont see why we should have to pay this seven months later,

when my mums estate was closed back in june after the funeral .

My mums death was a terrible shock for us all, and still very painfull to deal with ,

after all, we are in the middle of a dispute with our local nhs hospital,

where she was treated ,

and its taken toll on each and everyone of us .

We find this letter incredibly offensive, as we havnt had any communication prior to this letter .

am thinking of going to cab tomorow.

CAB will reiterate what we've said although they may contact them on your behalf.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Kaz, simply tell them they're not getting anything, the estate has been closed and have missed their chance to fleece the last bit of money out of your Mum.

Let them know just how offensive you find their insensitive letter and you expect a full apology, then ignore them.

Concentrate on what is important, and try not to let the parasitic money grabbing society distract you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

pass it to the solicitor that dealt with the administration to deal with

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

hello again and thank you all for your advice.Today i telephoned the company in question, and were surprised at how considerate they were. After asking them why its taken so long to write to us , she simply said some odd payments slip through the loop !!!!! however, after explaining that there was no money left in my late mothers estate, and her bank account was shut down with zero funds, she then went on to say she needed a letter from the bank to proove there was nothing left.More to the point, my sister collected the statement from the bank today, and it was clear to see the rent money was available at the time of collection, and the closed balance of just over 6,000, was withdrawn by my brother, to pay for her funeral costs and headstone. We are really shocked to think they want proof the money is all gone, how dare they.My mum really struggled through life, financially and at the age of 78, just barely had enough for a dignified funeral, next i wonder if they will want funeral reciepts !!!!!!!! ive written a letter to be sent off with this statement they so desperatly need, and am hoping this will be the last we hear of it !!!!! thanks again to you all

It is incredible isn't it.

I would be demanding a written apology from them for their insensitive approach.The ruddy cheek of it!

Here Here !!! Sorry for your loss, my colleagues are right this is appalling.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: