monte phil

help regarding relatives suspension

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi, just after some advise for a family member who has been suspended from work.

she received a letter last week informing her of her suspension from work on full pay,she works in a care home btw.

she went for an informal interview regarding the allegations on thursday of last week, the following allegations were that she did not use the correct lifting equipment when necessary,taking a sneaky fag break,saying no,stop it and don't do that when being attacked and punched by male elderly residents in the breasts. dragging residents,not working as a team,and how she talks to the residents.

she has worked there for about 7 years and is very upset regarding these allegations having never received any verbal warnings or anything like that from work.

any help or advice would be very welcome

Are the allegations true?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

no she says they are untrue, in the meeting the interviewer said these things had happened over a long period of time, my question is if this is true then why haven't they gave her a warning before now? it seems to be a number of allegations all of a sudden.

This is very dodgy ground, Nursing homes. Its been in the media so much over the past months & I would be wary giving advice. I had a relative in a nursing home for a few years & the things I saw in there with staff made my blood boil. I complained many times about staff treatment toward residents.

Who has complained about your relative, is it a resident/residents relatives or other members of staff?

as far as i am aware there are no actual dates, the woman just said going back a long time! i believe my sister is telling the truth, she was very upset by the allegations made against her and another worker, is she able to see witness statements at her next meeting? she has worked there 7 years without a single complaint,so this has come out of the blue.

she thinks it could be one person who is trying to clear her self a path to promotion.

she has found herself a new job and has handed in her notice,but she doesn't want accusing of something she hasn't done.

the allegations are from a or others co workers, she doesn't know the actual source yet,but not a resident or resident family

even though an employeer has to only have reasonable suspicion a transgression has taken place

without anything to corroborate the allegation, and i am talking witness statements,cctv, time and dates

i feel the employer is on a very sticky whicket with this if it came to an employment tribunal

have they stated yet when the formal disciplinary interview will be held

not yet any date set, i have told my sister to get in touch with acas and seek their advice, would my sister be able to see any witness statements at the disciplinary hearing? my sister actually cares very much for these residents and actually took time out to visit a resident who was taken into hospital.

not yet any date set, i have told my sister to get in touch with acas and seek their advice, would my sister be able to see any witness statements at the disciplinary hearing? my sister actually cares very much for these residents and actually took time out to visit a resident who was taken into hospital.

Your sister should get a copy of all documentation that is to be taken into account prior to the hearing, giving sufficient time for her to consider the contents and prepare.

google the ACAS code of practice

it sets the minimum standards for an employer to meet in a disciplinary matter

google the ACAS code of practice

it sets the minimum [Recommended] standards for an employer to meet in a disciplinary matter

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

The employer is going to be on shaky ground here by making all these allegations at once. Varied allegations of conduct over a 'long time' are going to raise the questions of if the employer has known for some time, why didn't they say anything earlier, and if they didn't know before, then why didn't management know what was going on.