Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • So nothing to do with deprivation of capital, but bad choices of how they spend benefit monies.   Sounds like they are on a downward spiral to living on the streets and getting into an even worse situation.
    • 4 th time we've merged your threads  for complete history of your story please keeps to one thread
    • @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
    • I have severe anxiety and going to leave my job and have been invited to a meeting but dont wish to attend that is three hours away from where I am. Can I legally give the  permission to decide without my being there? I cannot handle going as I know I'm going to be fired anyway as on my final warning. I'm also giving in my notice this week too! This job is just too much for me now and I cannot work here any longer. It's no good for my health and sanity  I am sick to my stomach thinking about going and about to hand my notice in anyway    
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2727 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I have just joined as i have just found out i have a default from 2010 I knew nothing about it so called them and it was from a property i rented with a boyfriend at the time, i left after i found out he was seeing my BF they continued to live there but instead of paying the bills they just put them into there name and so the account with scottish power in my name went dead and recorded gone away and all the letters and phone calls went to that address i have had the bill revised to the last meter read i gave them however they wont remove the default and whilst there sorry for my 3rd party issues they can not help not even as a goodwill gesture There were never any late payments whilst the account was serviced by me. Whilst the complaints advisor tried really hard the CIAS DEFAULTS TEAM just keep saying no to all suggestions such as if paid can it be marked settled and payment histiry removed? Experian advised they can do what ever they want its up to there goodwill, it seems they have none! I have got nowhere and have reffered to Energy ombudsman. My Soliciter has advised me to get a true copy of the default notice and the tems and conditions and he is going to see if he can take this any further or if he can advise me in a small claims as the original default registered for an incorrect amount. You would think they would take into account your good customer relationship and the hardship you were under at the time the fact that you contacted them 3 years later offering to pay in full when I became aware of it, the only reason i have found out is when my Bank refused me a mortgage. I have been an excellent creditor all my life and now this wll remain on my account for a further four years, but experian have advised if i pay it will be fom the date the account is settled so that makes it another six is that right? I really want to clear it up and ideally get my mortgage but there not interested in helping and have deadlocked it for £214.00

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to wait for the Ombudsmans verdict and the advice of your solicitor.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well to update...


I am now proceeding with a court action to get the default removed i have requested a dsar my soliciter is filing a n244 form on my behalf.


Scottish power have given zero responses from ceo dept and deadlocked this at first point of contact. My soliciter keeps requesting a true copy of default notice this has had 0 responses please advise would like to know of anyone else going through the same.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...