misguided youth licence banned fines etc what now

headache123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im writing on behalf of a friend as the caggers have been so good to me, i hope they can help.

my friend, sillyly in his youth (10 years plus) made a lot of messes on his license.

things he cant remeber such as driving with no insurance,

going through red lights,

parking fines etc.

he didnt pay these and moved around somehwta.

i believe he was banned.

we are talking about 13 years ago here and he cant really remeber.

he is looking for work and needs a license to do most jobs.

what will happen with these fines?

he is financially penniless to put it nicely.

could he face prison?

the dvla have asked has he ever lived at his previous address which was not mentioned....as he applied for a first license.

what should he do?

he doesnt wanna face prison due to all the unpaid fines and by what he says they were around 3k,

he deffo dont need baillifs visiting. should he say no?

what will happen.

awaiting your help. thanks

you'll have to await the morning me thinkks

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi im writing on behalf of a friend as the caggers have been so good to me, i hope they can help.

my friend, sillyly in his youth (10 years plus) made a lot of messes on his license.

things he cant remeber such as driving with no insurance,

going through red lights,

parking fines etc.

he didnt pay these and moved around somehwta.

i believe he was banned.

we are talking about 13 years ago here and he cant really remeber.

he is looking for work and needs a license to do most jobs.

what will happen with these fines?

he is financially penniless to put it nicely.

could he face prison?

the dvla have asked has he ever lived at his previous address which was not mentioned....as he applied for a first license.

what should he do?

he doesnt wanna face prison due to all the unpaid fines and by what he says they were around 3k,

he deffo dont need baillifs visiting. should he say no?

what will happen.

awaiting your help. thanks

i've retitled

lets see

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

really strange you are getting no takers.

dx

and they

I would have though as the stat time is 6 years for debts and also if he was banned then unless for life it would have ended by now. also any points would have more than likely have dropped off. However the best way of doing it is to apply for it the usual way and see what dvla say. He will most likely get a new one. Parking fines i wouldnt worry about too much either.

So whats cooking today ?

not sure if magistrates fines are time barred, don't thing so?

dx

and they

It sounds like he has applied for a brand new provisional licence, but the DVLA have a suspicion that this "new" person is the same as someone they have on their existing database with a driving licence number already issued, which of course seems to be true.

If he wants to face this problem "head on" and get is sorted, then I suggest he replies confirming that is an old address and see how it develops from there.

Agreed. He is going to have to face this at some point.

Prison is extremely unlikely - even if he has been given a sentence in his absence it will be a matter of procedure and some good advice to get it looked at again.

Most likely is that it is with Bailiffs and he might have to get it taken back to court.

He will need to "man up" to this at some point. And it sounds like his options are running out if he has a mortgage.

They're certainly live in the sense that they can still be pursued if anybody is chasing them. Whether or not they actually will be pursued is another matter entirely - something like £2 billion in fines are outstanding so he would hardly be the first person to not pay and be forgotten about.

The DVLA aren't involved in the process of collecting the fines - their interest in asking if he's the same person who held the old licence is to check whether he has to take a new test/ extended test, or whether there are any endorsements which should be applied to his new licence (drink driving endorsements have to be recorded for 11 years, for instance). The DVLA marrying the two licences together won't automatically trigger the bailiffs coming round unless there is someone out there still looking for him and checking his DVLA records periodically for a new address. After 10 years, many updates of computer systems etc I'd be surprised if there was, but you never know.

If the worst happens and it does catch up with him it's very unlikely that he'll go to prison. Courts have strong guidance only to jail people for non-payment of fines when all other methods of enforcement have failed, and when the offender is actively refusing to pay as opposed to merely unable to pay. He should be able to pay by instalments so as long as he's wiling to come t some reasonable arrangement within his ability to pay he should be OK.