style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an admin job in a school and the last point on my job description states 'and any other job that the headteacher deems appropriate'. Although I am fairly capable and take on most tasks that are given, surely there must be some kind of cut-off point for the pay scale that I am on.

Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Hmmmm. I should imagine it'd have to be relevant to your work. Maybe a duty that isn't listed but could be considered a reasonable request. My own job spec had this clause, I've rarely been asked to do much other than what is listed. I suppose it's a bit of a clause to stop the "it's not in my job description" line. :)

It never rains but it pours...

Jobs that are not on the list are given under this clause and then added to the jd at the point of appraisal. The list grows every year!

std clause in every educational contract

every school

uni

college

has it.

the clue here though is 'resonable'

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Regardless of whether the clause was in there, it would undoubtedly be expected of you anyway, and a disciplinary offence for insubordination if you refused. Provided your employer acts reasonably, it's fine. An Admin Assistant undoubtedly would not be asked to clean toilets or take over the duties of the head teacher, so I wouldn't be concerned!