Non fault accident mislead to claims managment

varghesejim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am facing a problem with my non fault claim(my Mazda 6 car was smashed while parked)

Sequence of incidents:

After the accident I went through Mazda Accident Aftercare, because of "call Mazda first" campaign". Their aggressive advertisements always say the customer is better off going through them instead of insurer.

Actually they are a claims management company in disguise. They arrange a hire car from enterprise for a price double that of enterprise advertised prices.

My car is written off. Mazda Accident Aftercare valued the car approximately 1500 pounds cheaper than their own website advertised prices(My car was also bought from Mazda dealer last year). They did not take my proof into consideration and did not even give me any explanation about how can I buy the car with their offered money.

Mazda Accident After care took the hire car back, and told me to process the claim through my insurer. Also they told me as my written off car is in a garage I need to arrange rental from my insurer.

Now what are the choices I have? I have legal assistance from my insurer. Can I directly deal with the third party insurer?

There is a case of Mazda misleading the customers to claims management company by an aggressive advertising campaign, but that is an issue I will take separately.

Edited by varghesejim

Unfortunately you have fallen into the trap of using an unregulated claims management firm whose only real interest is in the hire of a vehicle which is how they make their money (and costs which you are responsible especially if they fail or forget to invoice the third party).

I spend so much time sorting out the mess made by claims management firms, it amazes me that people still use them, but hey ho, that is a subject for another day.

You can use your legal expenses insurance. Speak to your insurance company, let them know what has happened ask them to instruct one of their panel solicitors.

Panel solicitors usually are not that much better than the claims management firms, but they are at least regulated and so should offer a reasonable service and be able to sort this matter out, although you will probably find that because it is a damage only claim and quite low value, it will be a paralegal or legal exec that handles the matter

Actually they are regulated by the ministry of justice.The small print in their website says they are regulated.

They are regulated, but not regulated if you get my drift? The MoJ have never taken action against a CMC unlike the Law Society and the SRA who do act against law firms.