style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2521 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been asked to attend a disciplinary meeting with a number of very serious allegations, which are completely false. To cut a long story short, my employer is trying to get rid of me, has colluded with other members of staff and I know that I will not get a fair and impartial hearing.

I believe the disciplinary will result in termination of my employment. Can I resign before the disciplinary? I have only worked there for 5 months, so haveno recourse in the new employment laws to go to tribunal for unfair dismissal.

If I hand in my 1 months’ notice will I still be obliged to go to thedisciplinary meeting?

Please help, the meeting is scheduled for Tuesday morning.

Edited by SusieMM

Hello and welcome to CAG. I hope the forum guys will be along later.

I'm not sure that resigning will help you because I think any future reference could say that you resigned while under investigation.

Have you seen any paperwork about the meeting that you have to go to please? The guys may have other questions for you so that they can help, but I'll leave it to them to ask rather than bothering you now with stuff that may not be relevant.

Have you read the ACAS website at all? It has lots of information about disciplinary procedures.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

All depends on how much they want to get rid of you. As you are aware, they can dismiss without you having any recourse to a Tribunal, but as HB says, if you resign, then they can still damage your future in terms of being able to state that you were the subject of disciplinary action for GM when you resigned - even if they don't conclude the action before your notice expires.

You may be able to negotiate a compromise agreement whereby you agree to leave quietly with an agreed reference and save them the time and trouble of formal disciplinary action.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi

I have to agree with advice given but to be able to advise you more we would really need more information and the Gross Misconduct allegations

Now this is the link to the ACAS Website: www.acas.org.uk/

These PDFs from ACAS may be of use:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group