Jump to content


Help with CSA and Company Accounts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2513 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all


Long story short, ex husband has a gorgeous son with an ex girlfriend. he's not allowed to see him, SHE insisted that she wants nothing else to do with us as a family or her son to see his dad. We have tried and failed to change her mind.


Ex hubby has paid what he can, and looks after our two girls very well...although we both went through bankurptcy in the last 5 years and are still just above the breadline.


We have been constantly harassed by the csa, when hubby was on benefits last year and now we are trying to start a business. Its a ltd company and once again we've been served with a csa letter asking for personal returns, profit and loss account, profits from shares and any other income. ALL to be signed by a registered accountant!! (which we don't have! - define registered??)


I work for a government agency, so this is all very upsetting. i am also director of the company and we have made no profits for the last 2 years, taken no wages or paid any dividends. We are living off minimal expenses and my part time job.


How can the CSA insist on accounts being signed by a registered accountant? Can they insist on the company accounts even though i am majority shareholder? We will happily pay..when we have some money!! At the moment i have £15 in my pocket and £15 in the business account! How can they assess him on money that hasn't and CAN'T be paid out to him??


Any advice would be gratefully received. I'm also being personally harrassed by the woman as she insists on sending me poisonous letters (unsigned of course). :|

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The CSA cannot ask for your accounts signed by a registered accountant because that is not required by HMRC. If you personally earn over a certain amount or are a company director then you are required to complete a tax return, you could send a copy of this to the CSA.


What your Ltd company does is of no interest to the CSA as it is classed as a seperate legal entity

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...