PhoXx1972

Tax Money & Debt Collection

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am currently being chased by a debt collection agency for an ever increasing amount of money.

I have a separate business account where I keep money aside for the taxman as I am a sole trader working for an employment agency.

Can the debt collection agency demand that money as a part payment towards the debt or can a court demand that money for the same reason?

If you are a sole trader then essentially the answer is yes.

If you keep the tax money aside, is there any reason why you haven't paid your taxes or is there some dispute.

Also I wouldn't entertain the debt collector...pay your tax direct to HMRC.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry...just re-read this....have I misunderstood something?

Is it taxes that the DCA are chasing you for or some other debt?

If some other debt, can you give us details please?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

I think it's a seperate account and nothing to do with the DCA.

There is no reason why the DCA would even know about that account and he certainly couldn't demand funds from it the same as he can't demand funds from anywhere.

What is the debt you are being chased for? How much is outstanding?

It is a personal debt unrelated to my work, that started at £3200 and is now over £9700 after their additions.

Still not a lot of information forthcoming in respect of this.

In short a DCA cannot demand anything really....generally you would be in control of what you pay to them.

A court can require you to divulge your personal financial information and that would include anything that is in a sole trader account...it is still classed as you personal money.

If you want to give further details of this spiralling debt then you may get some more detailed answers.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

It is one of a number of debts that went unpaid after I lost my job, subsequently evicted and had to start afresh, so to speak.

My new work is as an agency worker and I take home less than half my previous salary (I am considered self employed as a sole trader).

The debt that a bailiff from HCE Group is chasing is from a company called Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC, in relation to a boiler installation.

Just prior to my eviction I received notification of a county court judgment in their favour essentially doubling the original amount, I have never received any information prior to a court date. They must have had another judgment since as the demand has trebled the original amount.

My biggest worry is whether they can demand the money I have to put aside to pay my taxes at the end of the financial year, or if a court can demand that money.