Dla

Sparks_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for advice please,

I had to reapply for DLA after receiving it for a year,

I was on medium care and high mobility rate,

now they have only awarded me medium care and no mobility at all,

even though I need someone with me when I go out to carry anything I might need and I can only walk for a short while at a slow pace before i experience a lot of pain and tiredness.

There was nothing in the letter to say I could appeal the decision nor any contact number for information, I wondered how do I go about appealing this decision?

depends if my wound is infected or not, five mins at a slow pace before I get breathless and start getting pain round my wound and in my back, using a walking stick

They go by distance, so which box did you tick for walking speed?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

the middle one? I stupidly didnt make a copy but I am sure it was the second one, I am awful at judging distance, I work on time taken more than distance covered :(

Plus I did say I needed someone with me as I cant carry anything and I have had quite a few trips and falls and when i fall i cant get myself back upright

the middle one? I stupidly didnt make a copy but I am sure it was the second one, I am awful at judging distance, I work on time taken more than distance covered :(

Plus I did say I needed someone with me as I cant carry anything and I have had quite a few trips and falls and when i fall i cant get myself back upright

see, if you ticked that you could walk 40 metres per minute, and you can walk for 5 minutes, then you're unlikely to qualify for HRM, though you may have a chance at LRM. Have you requested a copy of the form you filled in? The difficulty with appealling with a MRC award, is that a tribunal look at the whole award and can reduce it or remove it completely (as can a different DWP decision maker, though this much is less likely), so you need to be very sure you have a chance.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop