style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Looking for advice please,

I had to reapply for DLA after receiving it for a year,

I was on medium care and high mobility rate,

now they have only awarded me medium care and no mobility at all,

even though I need someone with me when I go out to carry anything I might need and I can only walk for a short while at a slow pace before i experience a lot of pain and tiredness.

There was nothing in the letter to say I could appeal the decision nor any contact number for information, I wondered how do I go about appealing this decision?

You need to either fill in the GL24 form or write a letter. If you write a letter, you must make it clear you're appealing. I start mine off with "....I am appealing my DLA decision dated ..."

And send it where? Where do I get GL24 from, there was nothing in the notification letter that I got.

The address from where your award notice came from.

How far can you walk before stopping, sparks?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

depends if my wound is infected or not, five mins at a slow pace before I get breathless and start getting pain round my wound and in my back, using a walking stick

depends if my wound is infected or not, five mins at a slow pace before I get breathless and start getting pain round my wound and in my back, using a walking stick

They go by distance, so which box did you tick for walking speed?

the middle one? I stupidly didnt make a copy but I am sure it was the second one, I am awful at judging distance, I work on time taken more than distance covered :(

Plus I did say I needed someone with me as I cant carry anything and I have had quite a few trips and falls and when i fall i cant get myself back upright

the middle one? I stupidly didnt make a copy but I am sure it was the second one, I am awful at judging distance, I work on time taken more than distance covered :(

Plus I did say I needed someone with me as I cant carry anything and I have had quite a few trips and falls and when i fall i cant get myself back upright

see, if you ticked that you could walk 40 metres per minute, and you can walk for 5 minutes, then you're unlikely to qualify for HRM, though you may have a chance at LRM. Have you requested a copy of the form you filled in? The difficulty with appealling with a MRC award, is that a tribunal look at the whole award and can reduce it or remove it completely (as can a different DWP decision maker, though this much is less likely), so you need to be very sure you have a chance.