style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2518 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone help?

I have recieved a letter from Marston, claiming to have a court order for offence: Vehicle - previous keeper fail to send reg. doc.

It then outlines a fine of £305 and fee of £300 and For: HM Courts & Tribunal Service with a reference number.

There is no reference to which court or what vehicle it may relate to, so very difficult to defend.

What wowuld be the advice on:

-how to find out more details

-how to put a stay on this order

-how to defend or refute

Many thanks

Further to my ask for help, I now have the magistrates court reference, does anyone know how to search for a case reference to find out the details, or do you have to visit the court?

Hector 1066

Welcome to CAG

if you don't get any joy

hit the triangle at the bottom of your post this will alert the site team.

Leakie

Do you have any knowledge that this may have happened, could be within the last 5 years? Have you sold or traded in a car in the last 5 years or so?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

I have sold several cars, both privately and to the trade but always filled in the V5 change of ownership form. I have a court reference so will find out the details. Not sure if trusting the Royal Mail postal service is sufficient defence?

It should be a very simple matter of contacting the relevant Magistrates Court and if you had not receive an summons, filing a Statutory Declaration.

Do you have details of the court etc?

Yes the court is Sevenoaks magistrates court. I guess I will have to visit to obtain the case paperwork?

Sevenoaks Magistrates Court is not easy to get through to. The telephone number is: 01622 671041.

For anyone viewing this post, the following link provides contact details for all Magistrate and County Courts in the Country:

http://212.137.36.113/HMCSCourtFinder/