style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2522 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, just a quick question, if you owed c tax say for 2010-2011 and 2011- 2012 are the council allowed to put a debt collector on your case for both accounts at the same time or do they have to clear the earlier one before chasing you for the later one.

hope someone can answer this for me, thanks

Don't they tend to get liability orders and pass to the bailiffs rather than use DCAs?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Providing they have obtained a Liability Order for any Council Tax outstanding then yes they can instruct Bailiffs. If you have a read of the threads on here you will see some are for 7 years worth at a time.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

some scottish councils use dca's not bailiffs

tell us more please

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Sorry, yes they have got a liability order and are useing Rottendales, but already there is a discrepancy as 1 amount for 2012-2013 is correct but for the 2011-2012 is higher than the amount provided by the Council, but I thought that they had to clear the earliest one first before collecting for the second one, obviously i'm wrong :-(

The council can indeed sent more than one LO to the bailiffs.

HOWEVER, you need to be aware that in July the Local Government Ombudsman issued a highly critical public report against Blaby District Council. The LGO made clear that local authorities must ensure that their bailiffs DO NOT charge "multiple fees" for enforcing more than one Liability Order.....must not charge a Redemption of Goods (Head "H" fee of £24.50) or "levy" upon a car that does not belong to the debtor.

Rossendales will have plenty of knowledge of the Blaby LGO Report as they were the firm of bailfifs who had been responsible.