No road tax. But nowhere to park car off the road. Are the fines lawful

kevin897
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son was made redundant. He was an apprentice Joiners. A friend let him park the car on their drive. He could not afford to tax the car and after keeping it a long time eventually decided to sell it, He was already depressed being out of work. But deciding to sell the car really got him down.

He pulled the car out of the drive to get room, so he could change the brake pads so that he could take it to get MOT'd before he sold it. Camera van came around the street which is in a culdesac nowhere near a main road. They put a big yellow sticker on it and a truck came and towed it away, even though it had been put back in the drive. Since then the car has been crushed because he could not pay the stacked up fees to get it back. Oh yes the car was sorned. I know because I did it for him.

When I complained about the car being taken out of the drive. They said it was not sorned even though I went into the office in belfast.

Now how can this be right. Before a law like this become legal, i thought that the authorities had to make sure that it was reasonable that everyone could comply with it.

Given that there are a huge amount of houses without any sort of drive. And at least 50% of the population could not comply with keeping a car off the road in a drive if there car was not taxed. Then it was unreasonable of them to introduce a law that allowed them to issue a fine or tow a car away like that.

Is this not discriminating against the poor. My son an apprentice Joiner, gets laid off and his apprentiship ditched. He has a car worth money, but he can't afford run it so it is left parked up. Until such times as he can get work. He did not want to sell it because he had put a lot of work into it and would need a car if he got something in the future. So why get rid of a good car when he would have had to buy a car to get to work in the future.

Ok he eventually decided he had no choice but do you see what I mean, Is there anything wrong in that. where is the crime.

Its all wrong. Those that are the least well off, being put upon because they can't comply with a law that is totally unfair and half the population that are poor can't comply with. Anything to rake in more money..

How can a law like this be challenged. Surely to god the law has to be able to be complied with. They call being parked on the highway/road anything they want to suit themselves.

If you SORN'ed it you must have proof or something you could take along and prove it.But even if you had he shouldn't have had it on the road so it's fair enough really.

I've been looking for a job all year but I still make sure I keep my car road legal as I need it to look for a job.

it has always been the case that if you are parked on the public highway, you must have valid road tax and insurance.

pers i'd keep quiet.

you could also be done for no insurance too .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...