Transferred from IB to the Support Group. Should I send in more paperwork?

debtmaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently on IB,IS & DLA (low rate mob/middle rate care).

About 2 months ago I was sent an ESA50 form to complete to transfer over from IB & IS to ESA. I get approx £220 IB & £90 IS every fortnight & my monthly DLA.

I suffer with mental health probs & am under the care of a Consultant Psychiatrist & C.P.N, I got a relative to contact the DWP to make sure that if my claim was successful, that I would still get the combined rate of IB & IS, which I was assured would be the case & also to say that I would be sending the form back late as I could only do a page or 2 at a time because I get frustrated & lose concentration. They just said to explain it on the form.

Anyway my Consultant & C.P.N both wrote a letter to send in with the form saying my health is such that I am unfotunaltely unfit for work & that this isn't likely to change anytime soon.

Just as I was finishing the form a fortnight ago I received a call from the DWP telling me that they had looked at the evidence & that I was going into the support group. I asked what evidence as I had not yet posted the form & medical letters. I received a letter a couple of days later saying I would be getting an extra £30 a week.

Should I send my completed form & letters in or would that mean a re-assessment?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

Just to add: when I got the phone call & pointed out how I hadn't yet sent in my form & medical letters I was told I didn't need to send anything in, but because of the effort me & relatives had gone to in filling in the form I pressed the issue & said could I just send it in to be put on my record. I just wanted them to have an updated situation of my circumstances & more importantly from my Consultant.

It wasn't until later that I thought that this could mean a re-assesment. I thought maybe I should just send the medical letters with a covering note, explaining that I had already been accepted for ESA benefit & this was just a medical update.

I know that some people on this site & others have been put into terrible financial & health situations because of the incompetence of ATOS so am unsure.

Thanks for any advice & good luck with your own application.