debtmaker

Transferred from IB to the Support Group. Should I send in more paperwork?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2517 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am currently on IB,IS & DLA (low rate mob/middle rate care).

About 2 months ago I was sent an ESA50 form to complete to transfer over from IB & IS to ESA. I get approx £220 IB & £90 IS every fortnight & my monthly DLA.

I suffer with mental health probs & am under the care of a Consultant Psychiatrist & C.P.N, I got a relative to contact the DWP to make sure that if my claim was successful, that I would still get the combined rate of IB & IS, which I was assured would be the case & also to say that I would be sending the form back late as I could only do a page or 2 at a time because I get frustrated & lose concentration. They just said to explain it on the form.

Anyway my Consultant & C.P.N both wrote a letter to send in with the form saying my health is such that I am unfotunaltely unfit for work & that this isn't likely to change anytime soon.

Just as I was finishing the form a fortnight ago I received a call from the DWP telling me that they had looked at the evidence & that I was going into the support group. I asked what evidence as I had not yet posted the form & medical letters. I received a letter a couple of days later saying I would be getting an extra £30 a week.

Should I send my completed form & letters in or would that mean a re-assessment?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your post to a thread of your own so you can have specific advice. I would say that going into the support group is good news though. :) I expect the guys will be along for comments for you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

First of all, congratulations. Because they've already decided, I don't see why you'd need to send the form back. However, phone them on Monday and see what they say.

Thanks for the replies.

Just to add: when I got the phone call & pointed out how I hadn't yet sent in my form & medical letters I was told I didn't need to send anything in, but because of the effort me & relatives had gone to in filling in the form I pressed the issue & said could I just send it in to be put on my record. I just wanted them to have an updated situation of my circumstances & more importantly from my Consultant.

It wasn't until later that I thought that this could mean a re-assesment. I thought maybe I should just send the medical letters with a covering note, explaining that I had already been accepted for ESA benefit & this was just a medical update.

I know that some people on this site & others have been put into terrible financial & health situations because of the incompetence of ATOS so am unsure.

Thanks for any advice & good luck with your own application.

yeah I wouldnt send it in, the decision has been made.

congrats.