dlr21

P&P where do i stand?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2517 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I recently purchased an item via amazon marketplace,

after the delivery window came and went and no delivery was made,

I contacted amazon who gave me a full refund for the item.

weeks later the item turned up.

i contacted both the supplier and amazon (perhaps foolishly!) to try to arrange a return for the item.

The supplier asked that I pay for the item to be returned and they would reimburse me.

I refuse to do so, without trying to sound churlish, why should I incur a direct cost (however temporary) for an item that is no longer my responsibility?

Is this a bit of grey area?

if it happened with my business, i would feel morally obliged to apologise for all the inconvenience and send a pre paid postage label or arrange pick up,

I wouldn't expect the customer to lift a finger, really!

apart from anything else, what if the customer sent it back via courier at a cost more than the item's worth, or simply couldn't afford to send it back?

how do you think i stand legally and morally on this?

cheers,

dean.

I agree with you. Tell the supplier to credit you first for the postage or collect it.

You are not liable for the return cost legally or otherwise.

i think you'll find its in the amazon T&C's that they are allowed to charge return P&P

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi,

Nagasis, Yes it's straight forward isn't it? Im giving them the chance to regain written off stock, I'd have thought they would - not move mountains - but at least put some effort in to getting it back!

As an update, I have received a rather snotty email from the company telling me to do what I like with the item and added that they are disappointed with me for not willing to fork out p&p!

(dx thanks for your reply, but this is a little different to perhaps what you are thinking of)

The company in question is Yankee candles, btw. I wonder what their attitude would be if I said Im going to charge them for storage?

Hey ho,

Cheers, - D.

You're extremely honest!

If I'm being honest, I'd have probably have kept quiet.

I'd tell them the item is at your home ready for collection and if it wasn't collected within 28 days then it'd be disposed of or given to charity (or wrapped up and given to somebody as a Christmas present :p)

It never rains but it pours...

Bombaymix,

A dozen or so emails -banging my head against a brick wall- later, I wish I had kept schtum in the first place.

Yes, charity is a good idea.

Dean.

Bombaymix,

A dozen or so emails -banging my head against a brick wall- later, I wish I had kept schtum in the first place.

Yes, charity is a good idea.

Dean.

Did you tell them you would be charging storage? :D