Jem444

tax credits help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2521 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Need some help, hopefully posting this in the right place as this is the first time I've ever done

Received a letter this morning from tax credits about my tax credits for 2012 this morning. Letter says we have selected your award for review as we have found that the information you have given is not the same as the information we currently hold about you. Reading more into it the income figures are wrong, my husbands as we are on a joint claim. my husbands income should of been £7,000 more to what I declared, which now looking back on p60s last year the income they say it should be is correct. A real stupid error I've made, my husband received to forms last years with earnings up to June as his contact carried over to a employer on the books at his work. I've accidently gave them these detail earnings and not including the other to make up a whole year of income. I am so worried I called through to the number on the letter but the lady I needed to speak too had already gone home. The lady I spoke to her in her absence said she give me more time to check over this as the letter only arrived this morning and I needed to get into contact be fore the 23rd November which of course today.

I am so worried about this. I'm trying to find all my other years tax credits forms to make sure they are correct, which they should be. I'm hoping this is the only error I made for 2011-2012. But would they had already checked the years before claims? Please can anyone help in to what they would do? As I won'y find out until I speak to this lady on Monday when she is back in the office. I feel so silly that I made error like this, I always am so careful and double check myself before phoning tax credits with income details. It's the truth but what happens if they don't believe me.

Any help be great thank you, so worried.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the HMRC forum where we deal with tax credits and hope the guys will be able to help you. :)

I'll leave a short term redirect here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum