Almostdebtfree

Ruthbridge - HSBC debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2554 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but I have been reading some of the threads. I just want to make sure I get this right.

I received a letter from ruthbridge last week saying they have traced me through my credit file. No details of debt just please contact us. I haven't after reading some of the threads on here. Today I have received a second letter, regarding an old HSBC debt of £3539.35, and if i dont contact them they will recommend to their clients to get a ccj. I believe this was an old joint account credit card me and my now husband had. We were living away, both being paid well and living in where we worked so very little rent, so a debt we could afford at the time. Anyway circumstances changed and we came home and stupidly ignored the debt.

I have checked my credit report with creditexpert and I have nothing on my credit history. I believe I stopped communicating about 2005/2006 but cannot be 100% sure the last time I contacted them. Obviously if it is about this time the debt would be statue barred but if it's just after since we are only in 2012 so may just still be valid.

What should I do?

Should I do nothing?

Should I contact them asking about the debt? But then I'm not sure if these companies lie to make you start paying old debts.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Welcome to Cag,

Ok if a debt reaches Ruthbridge it's either without paperwork to back it up or nearly statute barred or already SB>.

As it does not appear on CRA files it is more than 6 years since the account was defaulted and the reason for the default is usually up to 5 months before the default date my guess is this is SB.

We see a rash of these debts from |Ruthbridge just before Christmas most years.

So send the following to The Data Controller

Ruthbridge Ltd by recorded delivery.

Send the following letter, IT DOES NOT ACKNOWLDGE THE DEBT OR RESET THE CLOCK.

Ref: as on their letter.

Dear sir,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you claim to be acting for xxxxxxx in regard to a debt for £xxxx please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to you or your client.

I have researched my credit history in relation to this allged debt and have concluded that any such debt is statute barred, I will not therefore make any payment or offer of payment now or in the future in relation to the allged debt.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance 2003 updated 2011 and November 2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

I must remind you that if you refute the status of the allged debt the onus of proof that the debt exisits and is not statute barred lies entirely on Ruthbridge Ltd and not on me.

This letter is not an admission of any liability to Ruthbridge Ltd or your client.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ok, I presume as per previous posts not to sign it just type name?

Will they just stop sending letters or will they answer?

Typed name anonymous squiggle!!

99 time ot of 100 Never heard from again!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Ok brilliant, thanks everso much for your help. I'll comeback if they do reply with something.

Thanks again

Oops, just realised I've replied on my friends name. Sorry she was showing me the site and I didn't realise she had logged back in.

OK no problem.