Refunds on open return tickets? - ** SUCCESS **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone explain how the following would work please:

I am meant to be going to Taunton tomorrow and returning later on tomorrow evening. I have to go via Exeter St Davids. Currently, the National Rail website shows many trains that are meant to be going through Exeter St Davids as cancelled.

If the train is cancelled, am I entitled to a full refund? I have an open return ticket. If it makes any difference, I got my ticket through the Virgin Train website.

Yes, I would say that if your journey is frustrated by their cancellation then you would be entitled to a refund.

As long as you haven't made/ started your first outbound journey then yes, you are entitled to a full refund! Check about admin fees though!

If you are collecting your tickets from a machine, you could get your tickets as normal and then hand them in to the ticket office for the refund!

Still on the lookout for buried treasure!

Any advice I give here is based on my own experiences throughout my life, career and training and should not be taken as accurate. If in doubt, speak to someone more qualified - a Solicitor, Citizens Advice to name but two possible avenues!

I had a journey home delayed because of trains not going to their destination one weekend this summer and having to be re-routed through Birmingham.

I complained to the company I bought my ticket from (Virgin trains) and the company whose trains were not completing their journeys (Arriva Trains Wales). Virgin replied that they were forwarding my complaint to Arriva who refunded me 1/2 the return fare as compensation!!

Feebee_

Hello Feebee.

You had a bit of a result after some effort, didn't you? I remember your thread. :)

Nystagmite, I hope you get this sorted, but the guys are here to help if you have a problem. Hopefully one of the transport guys will see this in time and be able to give you a bit of insight.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sounds good Nystagmite, at least they have advised what to do. I will say that I sent photocopies of the tickets for the day of travel in question and was not asked for the originals.

Hope it won't take too long for you.

Feebee_71

• 3 weeks later...