j3lly

Welcome CCJ

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2516 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

first of all i would like to say thank you for help ive recieved so far, for years we hid from our debts and after joining cag i feel like im at last getting somewhere with them.

A few months back i got copies of both mine and my partners credit files, we both have a ccj each, i knew about mine but we didnt know about my husbands.

i got in touch with northampton court as they were the court named on credit file, they passed me to my local court, the lady said she would send us out a copy of the judgement and she asked to confirm address then asked to confirm previous address.

i now have a copy of the judgement, its a judgement in default, dated 7 july 2008 for £7788.32 the only details other than my partners are for payment details, payment should be made to howard cohen & co. solicitors. neither of us have ever heard of them are they the claimant or could they just have been the claimants solicitor?

we believe it may be a welcome loan which looking on his credit file defaulted in april 2008, we moved house 1 june 2008 and have not heard anything from welcome or anyone acting on behalf of welcome since we moved.

i dont have the credit agreement i only have information on credit file, opening balance £3996, repayment £204 36 months, current balance £6158.

I ideally want to SAR welcome now but am worried me doing so is going to make them start enforcing the ccj even though they havent attempted to up to now. what can they do to enforce? we have a car but in my name, this ccj is my partners, although we live in rented accomadation my partner jointly owns a property with his mother, we have no savings, my partner earns minimum wage and we have 2 young children.

since the judgement was made in 2008 are we too late to do anything in court? my own ccj is being repayed at £1 pcm courts ordered that after looking at our I&E.

Hope that makes sense

have just contacted court to ask if they can tell me who claimant is and they have confirmed it is welcome.

i also wanted to check the address on original judgement with the court as all 3 credit files have my previous address with the ccj but the copy of the judgement sent to me today had my current address on, the court have said my current address was the one on file at time of judgement.

i guess the only thing i can do now is sar welcome

Well ultimately want to make an offer of payment although it would be very low, I don't want to ignore everything anymore. We have been slowly working our way through our debts most have either been settled or have plans in place, welcome is the last company to contact as we were dealing with ones that were contacting us first.

I'm just concerned now that if I contact them and they refuse my repayment which I'm pretty sure they will that they will then start enforcing the ccj even though we haven't heard anything from them since before ccj 2008 and not even sure what they will do to enforce, would I be better to make offer of payment via court?

Be good to see some statements aswell as since default april 2008 to judgement July 2008 £2500 has been added to balance

most likely that welcome will have ppi on the account as well......do you know if it would have as most you could not take a loan unless you agreed to it?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

found out from the court that welcome applied for an attatchment of earnings order in 2009 which was adjourned as was informed by previous employer he no longer worked there, no contact between welcome and court since then.

was advised to set up repayments and was given a form to make an offer of repayment through court as told them we didnt think welcome would accept so he said if welcome refuse the judge will then decide how much we pay and the judge will never make us pay more than we can afford.

my question now is do i get payment arrangements set up through court first so im not worried about them sending baliffs and then question the total amount once thats in place or do i sar them now so i can check for ppi and charges as concerned if i set up a payment plan now i am accepting that the amount is correct.