parking in my own street on double yellows

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all im new to this but wanted to make a comment on parking i live in a cul-de-sac with 8 houses and 12 cars not enough parking so i parked on broken yellow lines with a faded yellow line in the middle of them both and no t bar and was given a ticket now its time to fight the council. here is my pic [ATTACH]39549[/ATTACH] has anyone any advice

The test used in these circumstances nowadays is substantial compliance, which basically means that the fact that the lines are a bit worn or lacking a T-bar doesn't make them unenforceable unless they're so bad that they might actually mislead you about the parking restriction. They don't look that worn to me from your photo, and in any event you'd have a hard time arguing that having walked past it every day for (however long) you didn't realise that it was a double yellow line. Maybe if it was a strange street and you genuinely hadn't seen it you'd have half a chance, though to be honest I suspect you'd have an uphill struggle even then.

my defence is that they look like double yellow lines and the council said Although the lines are not perfect it was given correctly so how can things not be perfect to the council but its perfect for me to pay double standards i think

As part of Lancashire County Council, we enforce on-street parking restrictions to improve road safety for all road users, to improve the flow of traffic and to ensure emergency vehicles and public transport are able to travel without obstruction or delay. i live cul de sac no traffic passing through

Residential areas: to reduce the impact of commuter parking in controlled parking zones, improving safety, vehicle noise and lower exhaust emissions making a better environment for local residentslso they say im local cant get a permit for the other streets as i dont live on them

my defence is that they look like double yellow lines...

:???::???:That's not a very good defence

As part of Lancashire County Council, we enforce on-street parking restrictions to improve road safety for all road users, to improve the flow of traffic and to ensure emergency vehicles and public transport are able to travel without obstruction or delay. i live cul de sac no traffic passing through

Residential areas: to reduce the impact of commuter parking in controlled parking zones, improving safety, vehicle noise and lower exhaust emissions making a better environment for local residentslso they say im local cant get a permit for the other streets as i dont live on them

If they've put a parking restriction in for no good reason, or if they've only given you 8 spaces on the street for 12 cars that sucks and you can complain to your councillor about it (not that they'll probably do much), but unfortunately it doesn't give you licence to park on double yellow lines.

i keep hearing about de minimis i understand that but what about regulation the government regulated the DYL and the de minimis can just change that so have we gone to self regulation for parking tickets