Booking holidays on internet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not sure but dont book with any company that is not atol and abta registered I think if the company goes bust they may well refund you or use your holiday insurance, lots of bank accounts have worldwide travel insurance attached.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

The credit card company can be claimed against if the cost is over 100

Is this a dodgy company you are thinking of booking with? As you do get cover from ABTa and ATOl if they are registered

Edited by assisted blonde

• 1 month later...
I wouldnt worry too much you have plenty of protection if you go with a reputable company just beware of anything that seems too good to be true as it often is.

If I am not wrong a "reputable company" went bust in 2008 leaving many people stranded. Can't remember its name but I think it was a West Ham sponsor.

EDIT: it was XL Holidays and it was Britain's third largest tour operator:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/2826370/XL-holiday-firm-collapse-Dozens-more-travel-firms-will-go-under-experts-say.html

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Things can happen , high street stores go bust, Thomas cook was in trouble the other year, there is only so much you can do, a reputable company will be covered by ATOS or/and ATOL and you will get your money back at least, an unreputable company wont be covered.

Things can happen , high street stores go bust, Thomas cook was in trouble the other year, there is only so much you can do, a reputable company will be covered by ATOS or/and ATOL and you will get your money back at least, an unreputable company wont be covered.

AB, I'm not sure it's ATOS, that's benefits assessments. :) I'm guessing, but could the first one in your post be ABTA?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum