Consumer dude

Booking holidays on internet

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2456 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

When looking a holiday on the internet and doing so with a credit card, does it offer more protection if the company were to go bust..

Hello there.

I'll move this thread to the holidays forum where you should get some replies.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

not sure but dont book with any company that is not atol and abta registered I think if the company goes bust they may well refund you or use your holiday insurance, lots of bank accounts have worldwide travel insurance attached.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

If paying by credit card over one hundred pounds, is the credit card company liable if there is a problem and does that actually apply on bookings over the internet ?

The credit card company can be claimed against if the cost is over 100

Is this a dodgy company you are thinking of booking with? As you do get cover from ABTa and ATOl if they are registered

Edited by assisted blonde

I wouldnt worry too much you have plenty of protection if you go with a reputable company just beware of anything that seems too good to be true as it often is.

look at the small print at the bottom of any information i.e. charges which can be added.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I wouldnt worry too much you have plenty of protection if you go with a reputable company just beware of anything that seems too good to be true as it often is.

If I am not wrong a "reputable company" went bust in 2008 leaving many people stranded. Can't remember its name but I think it was a West Ham sponsor.

EDIT: it was XL Holidays and it was Britain's third largest tour operator:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/2826370/XL-holiday-firm-collapse-Dozens-more-travel-firms-will-go-under-experts-say.html

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Things can happen , high street stores go bust, Thomas cook was in trouble the other year, there is only so much you can do, a reputable company will be covered by ATOS or/and ATOL and you will get your money back at least, an unreputable company wont be covered.

Things can happen , high street stores go bust, Thomas cook was in trouble the other year, there is only so much you can do, a reputable company will be covered by ATOS or/and ATOL and you will get your money back at least, an unreputable company wont be covered.

AB, I'm not sure it's ATOS, that's benefits assessments. :) I'm guessing, but could the first one in your post be ABTA?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

yes sorry dont know hwere that came from, bit of a blonde moment :-) thanks HB