kehtop

Top-Up Mortgage Services Ltd and Transcom. Debt from 1989

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2522 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi There,

I wondering if someone can give me any advice on this.

In 1989, I lost a house through Neg. Equity. I had a Mortage with two other parties - who did a bunk - with Mortgage Express for 95% and the ramining 5% with Top-Up Mortgage Services.

I settled with Mortgage Express and paid a peppercorn rate to Top-Up (£10 per month) ever since.

Transcom are now - sporadically - chasing me about the remaining debt, which I had them confirm is not earning interest. I have recieved a form letter from them saying;

Do you want to put this debt behind you for Good? We have recently reviewed your account and can now offer you a significant discount. We are currently willing to accept a lump sum payment, in most cases up to 50% of your liability.

It finishes. In Capitals.

Remember this offer is only available for the next 30 days and cleared funds must be recieved by this date. After this date the full outstanding balance will become due and payable.

I am interested in your opinion and advice on this and best course of action.

when did you last make a payment to them? If it is 12 years or more it is statute barred

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.