digger279

Question for Scottish Power rep

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2522 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

It has been widely publicised that your price increases for both gas and electricity would increase by 7% on 3rd December.

I am on the Fresh Start tariff which is your "social tariff" designed to help the vulnerable on benefits.

I received written notification from the company but on checking the price increase I was shocked to see it was in excess of 14.7% for both gas and electricity

which is double the expected rise.

I rang customer services which was very busy and eventually spoke to someone who kept on having to go back to her supervisor for guidance.

She didn't seem to grasp why I was querying the increase as I am on your lowest tariff in any case!

Eventually after a lot of toing and froing I was told the publicized rates only applied to your standard tariffs and as mine was much lower then the increase of 7% didn't apply!

I am rather surprised that in light of benefit cutbacks and other austerity measures you have decided to penalise the vulnerable in this way

as I thought you were working with the government to assist those already in fuel poverty.

Are you able to comment?

Hi, can you email me at onlinecomplaints@scottishpower with your account details.

I would like listen to the calls that you had and I would also like to offer an account review.

The 7% figure quoted in the press release is a weighted average across the 3 payment methods (Direct Debit, Quarterly Credit and Prepayment) based on the volume of affected customers on each.

This is using the GB average percentage increases for each payment method at industry average consumption.

The calculation excludes Fixed/Capped products.

Unfortunately our ability to include detailed information in a press release is limited and therefore we have to use headline average rates.

In this instance we did split the rate by payment method showing the average increase for Direct Debit, Prepayment and Quarterly Credit customers.

In line with industry regulation we write to each affected customer a minimum of 30 days in advance of the effective date of any increase

with a personalised explanation of what the increase means for them.

We also offer help for vulnerable customers through WarmHome Discount & assitance with insulation improvement measures,

Energy Efficiency advice through a free phone number 0800 33 22 33.

I hope this offers some explanation and I would urge you to email and I'll conduct an account review.

Gerry

Hi, can you email me at onlinecomplaints@scottishpower with your account details.

Hi,

Thanks for you speedy response.

I have tried the above email address but Outlook doesn't recognise it. Been on the SP website for complaints procedure but it just directs me to customer.services@scottishpower.co.uk .

Can you provide me with a link which ensures I contact you direct please?

Hi,

I'm so sorry for the typo, the address should be onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com

Regards

Gerry

Hi,

Thanks for you speedy response.

I have tried the above email address but Outlook doesn't recognise it. Been on the SP website for complaints procedure but it just directs me to customer.services@scottishpower.co.uk .

Can you provide me with a link which ensures I contact you direct please?