James79

Barclaycard P.P.I. advice on a refusal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2518 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last year I was trying to sort my finances out and noticed Barclaycard were taking insurance money every month.

I thought this was my I.D. protection insurance which is only meant to come out once a year, so I phoned them.

The person on the end of the phone told me it was meant to come out every month,

I told him I was told when I got the I.D. insurance that it would only be paid yearly,

after about five minutes of insisting it comes out ever month

he finally told me it wasn’t the I.D. Insurance it was P.P.I.

At the time I had no idea what this was and asked him to explain it and after hearing what it was I told him to cancel it as I never asked for it or even wanted it.

I was then told someone would contact me about why it was being paid without my knowledge.

I did asked how long had they been taking it and was told since I opened the card account in 2001.

No one contacted me and I forgot about the whole thing until a year later when someone asked me at work if I sorted it out.

Phoning them back up I was again told I’ll be contacted about it,

around a month later I got a questionnaire form about why I think I was mis-sold P.P.I which I filled out and sent back.

I then got a later stating I would have a decision by 11th November 2012.

Having heard nothing I phoned them yesterday 22nd November and was told a letter was sent dated 16th but they would resend it as it never arrived.

The person then told me it stated they refused my claim and said there was an eight page reason as to why but it was pretty much their standard response (his words),

he stated it said that it is Barclaycard’s policy to explain everything to their customers regarding the P.P.I.

and they can find no reason to suggest that all aspects were not fully discussed with me,

therefore they will not uphold my complaint.

As I said at the start the first I knew I had P.P.I. was in 2011,

I never asked for it or indeed even knew what P.P.I. was until last year when I phoned them up.

I have a stable job that I’ve been in for fourteen years and have no reason to think I would lose the job so again have no reason for P.P.I.

Could anyone here give me any advice on what I do now to reclaim my money?

Thanks in advance,

James

Hi

Wait for the letter to arrive and you can then challenge them on their refusal to uphold your claim.

It would be useful to know what reasons you put on your questionnaire as to why you feel it was mis-sold.

How did you apply for the card and how long ago would you say?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I didn't apply for a Barclaycard as such. When I was in the bank putting money in, the person behind the desk asked if I wanted a Barclaycard. I remember saying I didn't have time to fill anything out and they said it was fine I didn't need to as an account holder they have my details, I said okay why not and a few weeks later it came in the post. This was back in 2001.

The reason I put on the questionnaire was I didn't even know I had PPI until 2011 when I phoned them to ask why my I.D. insurance was being taken out monthly. I then asked them to cancel it and put in a complaint which they ignored until I recontacted them a few weeks ago.

The eight page letter just turned up and it's two pages long!

It states a bit about their sale requirements at the time, then says they refuse my complaint as they cannot find any evidence to suggest that they did not give me this information or that they put me under pressure to take out the policy.

It then states this is their final response to my complaint.

thanks,

James

P.S. sorry for grammar mistakes I have a migraine right now and it's hard to focus.

Should I try and appeal or what other line of action could I take.

Thanks,

James

There is nothing to stop you challenging their decision.

The process is to compile a letter back to them refuting any points in the rejection letter which you disagree with.

You can have a read of Appendix 1 of the FSA handbook which may give you some more information on things that you can use in your challenge

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?305682-FSA-Handbook

The other alternative is to lodge your complaint with fos but they will take a long time to resolve the issues.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS