style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2552 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Had a knock on the door from a Marstons bailiff yesterday, totally out of the blue in relation to a parking ticket fine from about 15 months ago.

I asked to see the warrant which he refused to show me.

I asked for his details and that of the fine so I could take them to the CAB for help and advice

to which he stated they would not be able to help me in this situation.

He was very rude on the doorstep and told me that I needed to pay £396 or he would come in a seize goods.

I told him I was not going to let him in but that if he left me with the information I had asked for I would take it to the CAB for advice.

At this he points to my car which is parked across the road and states that he will seize that instead.

I told him I needed the car in order to get to work as public transport to work is not an option due to the location of my employment.

He asked me if there was anyone who would pay the amount for me, there genuinely isnt.

Im a single parent of two kids the youngest of which is just about recovering from a serious mental health problem, this visit has really unsettled him.

after calling him a few choice words (think the stress of the past few months got the better of me) I jumped in my car and drove it away.

When I came home about an hour later he had left a letter with the title "Notice of seizure of goods and inventory" with my car listed on it!

The list of charges are as follows.

Penalty charge/court costs £140.44

Bailiffs attendance costs £46.44

Attendance to remove £210

Total £396.88!!

I feel sick with worry,

im already struggling financially as it is, being off work the past two months to care for my son hasnt helped either.

I also need the car to get my son to and from appointments with the child and adolescent mental health team.

My car is currently parked up at a friends house.

Can I sign the car over to a family member for now to stop them taking it?

I've not signed anything.

HI KA

typical scare tactics from marstons.

if you are in a vunerable household

which it appears you are

then he should pass it back without any action/fees.

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Vulnerable situations

Enforcement agents/agencies and creditors must recognise that they each have a role in ensuring that the vulnerable and socially excluded are protected and that the recovery process includes procedures agreed between the agent/agency and creditor about how such situations should be dealt with. The appropriate use of discretion is essential in every case and no amount of guidance could cover every situation, therefore the agent has a duty to contact the creditor and report the circumstances in situations where there is evidence of a potential cause for concern. If necessary, the enforcement agent will advise the creditor if further action is appropriate. The exercise of appropriate discretion is needed, not only to protect the debtor, but also the enforcement agent who should avoid taking action which could lead to accusations of inappropriate behaviour.

Enforcement agents must withdraw from domestic premises if the only person present is, or appears to be, under the age of 18; they can ask when the debtor will be home - if appropriate.

Enforcement agents must withdraw without making enquiries if the only persons present are children who appear to be under the age of 12.

Wherever possible, enforcement agents should have arrangements in place for rapidly accessing translation services when these are needed, and provide on request information in large print or in Braille for debtors with impaired sight.

Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

'

the elderly;

'

people with a disability;

'

the seriously ill;

'

the recently bereaved;

'

single parent families;

'

pregnant women;

'

unemployed people; and,

'

those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

this applies to the whole HOUSEHOLD 'a' vunerable person resides there.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Did you know about the original ticket? have you moved since it was issued?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you DX how do I go about getting them to do that?

Ploddertom yes I did know about the original ticket and have not moved address.

I've just had that much on my plate the past 12 months I'd completely overlooked it,

then when the costs went up I was just not able to afford it.

I know thats probably no excuse and I know I should of dealt with it sooner before it got to this

but I was so preoccupied with my son it was just another situation I didnt have the strength to face.

ETA

I have checked his name against certificated bailiffs register and its not there,

does this mean he is not certificated?

Does it make a difference?

Edited by ka1974