cavensous

Council Tax Benefit - help with "simple" (ha ha) question please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2519 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

to cut a stupidly long story short....

we've paid 2012/13 council tax in full already, now I can't work and don't get either income JSA or cont JSA.

Wifey works 30.5 hrs 11k pa approx.

If we apply for council tax benefit now is there a mechanism to pay us back some as a rebate?

Cheers!

She was tall, thin and tarty

and she drove a maserati...

Hi

to cut a stupidly long story short....

we've paid 2012/13 council tax in full already, now I can't work and don't get either income JSA or cont JSA.

Wifey works 30.5 hrs 11k pa approx.

If we apply for council tax benefit now is there a mechanism to pay us back some as a rebate?

Cheers!

From what I can dredge from my memory, once the benefit is applied to your council tax account, you'll be sent the normal notice, but it will show that you're in credit. They won't automatically pay it back, but you request to be paid back the credit in writing, and they'll do it.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop