Cap 1 hassles

bigjohnk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok here's the situation, about 2 months ago I finally paid the balance off on my Cap 1 card (sent a cheque 10 days before the due date to the value of the balance of that months statement)

I didn't hear anything for 2 months when I received a statement claiming I still own money on the account. I replied explaining the situation & that as far as I am concerned the account is paid off & I want the account closing.

I've now had another letter saying they can't close the account as there is still an outstanding balance & it has to be paid by the 30th of November.

What do I do?

Pay up & forget about it, ignore them & run the risk of them sticking a load of charges on the account or send the letter I have just drafted which reiterates the contents of my original letter & advises them that any further demands for money will be considered harassment & treated as such.

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

what does your online statement say?

what does the cra file say?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Never accessed it online as you have to give phone contact & I got sick of them phoning at all times of the day & night so I changed my number & refuse to let them have it.

How do I access CRA file?

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

in my sig

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, just signed up, waiting for pin code!

RBOS - Settled in Full

I've now had a look at my CRA file the statement balance for Sept is correct & is the balance I paid off, the balance for October shows as being the original plus interest & I'm assuming a late payment fee even though the cheque was sent well before the due date.

The puzzling thing is the status history for September & October are shown as being OK, so if I missed or had a late payment surely it would be shown as being in arrears?

RBOS - Settled in Full

might not been updated yet?

somethings amiss for sure

if its a PENALTY fee

as with everyone of those

get reclaiming !!

dx

and they