• Tweets

• What we should actually never forget is that the referendum result (in simple agreement/contract terms) was void within a few hours of the result ..   .. When the leave campaign started back-peddling/denying/reneging on pretty much all their campaign pledges and promises. .. which has continued over the three years with pretty much all the pledges completely and utterly broken.    
    • Just for the record, I am uploading the original letter from CCSCollect, which asks me for the money from "BT" (if it is BT).   You can see here that I scribbled some notes at the foot of the letter indicating that I phoned the number CCSCollect gave me as the BT number, and I was told by "BT" that there was an outstanding balance of £48 in the account. They first tiold me that the account wasn't even closed. Then they changed their mind and told me that the account was closed, but that there was a £48 balance still owing.   Assuming that I was speaking to BT, I kept telling them that the email address did not work, which is why I closed the account.    I recall that I had kept telling BT at the time that the email address didn't work and that I either wanted them to fix the problem or stop charging me their PREMIUM rate charges for an email that didn't work!   On the phone on this occasion the BT man I spoke to (before he called me a mother****er) had asked me if I had actually used the words "! want to cancel this account" specifically. He seemed to be saying this as an excuse for their behaviour of not closing the account when I had complained about it. However, all that is irrelevant, since what I was clearly saying was that I was NOT going to pay good money for an email account that didn't work, and that they shouldn't be charging me money for it in the first place.   Later that day, though, I phoned BT using the operator number (not the number that CCSCollect had given me for BT) and spoke to someone at BT who accessed my accounts (I actually had two old accounts, one for each of the two phone lines that I needed then to do the work that my single Virgin Media account can do now) and he confirmed that neither of these showed any outstanding unpaid balance. I have a recording of that conversation.   So which version is the true version?     
    • Hi DX   I have contacted ASDA who have said they have no involvement with the machine and need to contact the owner who are Barclays - they could not give me any contact details.   I rang Barclay's who were no help whatsoever and could not give me a number to contact - they told me to check the contact details on front of the machine.  However there are no contact details on the front of the ATM.  There is only a sign saying ASDA have no responsibility for the machine and to contact your card issuer in the event of any problems.   I am going round in circles with this and think my only option may be a complaint to the FCO?    
    • There's no mention of using the job application part of the online journal on my claimant commitment. As I say, there's only this one Advisor that seems to want to make it a massive issue - terminating the meeting if I dare to argue back.   I simply have: check it often - complete to-do list (has only ever been meetings to attend on there) - update circumstances
  • Our picks

bigjohnk

Cap 1 hassles

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok here's the situation, about 2 months ago I finally paid the balance off on my Cap 1 card (sent a cheque 10 days before the due date to the value of the balance of that months statement)

I didn't hear anything for 2 months when I received a statement claiming I still own money on the account. I replied explaining the situation & that as far as I am concerned the account is paid off & I want the account closing.

I've now had another letter saying they can't close the account as there is still an outstanding balance & it has to be paid by the 30th of November.

What do I do?

Pay up & forget about it, ignore them & run the risk of them sticking a load of charges on the account or send the letter I have just drafted which reiterates the contents of my original letter & advises them that any further demands for money will be considered harassment & treated as such.

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

what does your online statement say?

what does the cra file say?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Never accessed it online as you have to give phone contact & I got sick of them phoning at all times of the day & night so I changed my number & refuse to let them have it.

How do I access CRA file?

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress

in my sig

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Thanks, just signed up, waiting for pin code!

RBOS - Settled in Full

I've now had a look at my CRA file the statement balance for Sept is correct & is the balance I paid off, the balance for October shows as being the original plus interest & I'm assuming a late payment fee even though the cheque was sent well before the due date.

The puzzling thing is the status history for September & October are shown as being OK, so if I missed or had a late payment surely it would be shown as being in arrears?

RBOS - Settled in Full

might not been updated yet?

somethings amiss for sure

if its a PENALTY fee

as with everyone of those

get reclaiming !!

dx

spreadsheets