New Lloyds PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st letter I sent (Ty CAG for the template) Sent 1/11/12

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

Subject access request

Dear Sir/Madam

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal accounts, loan accounts And or credit cards.

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans and or credit cards, payment protection insurance and other products since 1994. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

-Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts and or credit cards with your organization.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

SHOULD YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM FUFILLING MY REQUEST I EXPECT YOU TO CONTACT ME WITHOUT THE RETURN OF MY PAYMENT.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

I received a reply at the weekend, I think from the following letter I will be sending tomorrow you'll get the gist of what they sent to me:

Dear Sir/Madam

My name:

Account No

Thank you for your letter of 14/11/12 (Ref xxxxxx) requesting that in order to fulfil my SAR request of 01/11/12 that you require me to return your supplied form with my signature in order to release the information I requested. (Apologies for omitting that basic detail & furthermore I applaud your attention to the data protection act 1998).

However, I am alarmed to tell you that the second correspondence I received from you on the very same day was indeed most, but not all, of the information that I had requested!? (Just comprehensive statements of two personal loans in my name).

I major lapse in data protection I would suggest?

As I mentioned above what I received was most, but not all, of the information that I had requested.

I refer specifically to the ‘Asset’ credit card account that was closed in 2003.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

• 1 month later...

Update:

Received a package just before Xmas, thought it was a pressie I wasn't expecting!

Turns out it was reams & reams of paperwork covering what Lloyds have ever held about me since the early 90's!

PPI details now confirmed but also there is details of an old credit card with 'payment protection insurance'.

Can that be claimed back the same as PPI?

TIA

TC

CPP covers you for (amongst other things) fraudulent use of your card, replacement cards etc.

Not the same thing as PPI but read here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?356-CPP-Group-Plc

and here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2012/11/consumers-due-145m-for-mis-sold-card-protection-products

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

So this is on a loan yes?

Have you done your calculations to see whether the offer is correct?

If not, use this spreadsheet

StatIntSheet v101.xls

You won't get compound interest under a regulatory based award...you would have to go to court to have any chance of that and even then there is no guarantee.

Their method of calculation is correct, you need to check the actual figures though.

CPP covers you for (amongst other things) fraudulent use of your card, replacement cards etc.

and here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2012/11/consumers-due-145m-for-mis-sold-card-protection-products

Well! Have a look at the attachment!

After having another wade through the reams of paper that was my SAR request I came across this little beauty! (Plainly ticked I did NOT want to protect payments).

How did I not cotton on at the time I was being fleeced?

So, is there a template for reclaiming CPP's?

TIA

So you ticked no to PPI so have they charged you PPI on the card?

For the CPP have you read the threads I pointed you to? There isn't a template letter for this. I would still do a spreadsheet of claim tough and send it with a written complaint and demand your money back.

So you ticked no to PPI so have they charged you PPI on the card?

For the CPP have you read the threads I pointed you to? There isn't a template letter for this. I would still do a spreadsheet of claim tough and send it with a written complaint and demand your money back.

To be honest I didn't IMS21, but I will now with this new ammunition I've uncovered!

I'm starting to think I must have phoned the number on the sticker when I first got the card to 'activate' it and got suckered into the whole CPP thing.

Anyone have an address to send a claim to for this sort of thing?

TIA

and here

Just re-read the CA I signed for this card.

If CPP is supposed to be for '(amongst other things) fraudulent use of your card, replacement cards etc.'

Why is the wording 'Tick to take out payment protection to protect your payments'?

I didn't tick that and declined but even if I did it sounds like PPI in disguise to me?

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

I fired this off at the end of Jan: [ATTACH=CONFIG]41438[/ATTACH]

They have now replied with this [ATTACH=CONFIG]41440[/ATTACH]

The title of my letter clearly states 'Cardholder protection' but to give them the benefit of the doubt I did refer to the CCA I enclosed that sort of referred to PPI I guess.

Have sent another letter today clearly explaining my points so we'll see what happens.

TC