paid various dca's over a 12yrs old woolwich home repro CCJ

lisa0
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

im a newbie to this site so hope im posting in right section.

Need some help.

About 12 years ago had a repossession on my house with the woolwich this building society no longer excists.

I got a ccj for this and cause its such a long time ago i remember filling in a form either to pay a lump sum of 2500 or pay installments of 30 pound per month and pay 7500

i agreed to pay the 30 per month.

Cant remember whether this was to woolwich or credit collection agency

ive been through hillsden securities then dlc im now paying 44 per month direct debit

never missed a payment maybe paying this for 12 years could be longer.

dlc are always threatning me which i no they cant do about taking me to court

and that ive missed payments and that i owe roughly about 12,000pound were are they getting these figures from ,

my calculations i should be nearly paid up by now,

i have asked and asked for them to explain this with no outcome,

i have now emailed them asking for a notice of assignment and all details of transactions what ive paid

and the signed document i agreed to paying of 7500 i have given them 30 days notice if they dont respond i will start legal proceedings against them,

are they allowed to do this and what will happen if they dont respond or send me the information ive asked for, any help would be grateful

many thanks

lisa

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lisa.

Be best to have a check of your Credit Reference Files, after all of these years, their should be no relation to this debt on them but best to check anyway, Equifax and Experian offer free 30 day trials but please remember to cancel within the 30 days or you will be charged upto £14.99 pcm.

Noddle is free but the least of the used CRF's.

You will need to send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Barclays Bank, they bought the Woolwich out and all files will have transferred into their ownership, the SAR will need to be sent with a £10 postal order and it takes upto 40 calender days for you to receive your complete history back including all tranactions.

With the CCJ, did the Woolwich obtain this or Hillsdens?

Do not speak to Hillsdens/DLC on the phone, all they will do is lie and try and talk you into more payments and make you even more confused about how much you owe or not!

Keep everything in writing from now on so grab a folder to create a papertrail.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

are you saying you are no longer paying the claimant on the judgement

as it been bounced around various people?

if this is the case

then in MY opinion i'd stop paying.

only the CLAIMANT ob the CCJ can demand or accept payments from you.

unless whomever you are paying now has had their name SUBSTITUTED on the CCJ

by a court they have no legal right to receive ANY money from you.

if this is the case you are being cash cowed.

this wasn't a short fall was it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

to date

i make itr you've paid £4320

if the judgement box did not allow post judgement intererst

then you've been cash cowed blind

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Because its such a long time age, i cant remember who the ccj was from, but i no my credit file is clear now,

because of the repossession, we moved houses and never heard anything from woolwich as we had not forwarded new address

i think it was maybe about 1-2 years before we heard anything after we had registered our names on electrol roll,

i am still paying

ive always paid by direct debit,

if i apply for the sar from barclays will it state how much i owed when it was repossessed and how much hillsdens bought the debt for,

i can remember signing for regular payments to pay 7,500 but cant remember if this was hillsdens or the woolwich.

I never get any statements to say how much ive paid,

just bills from their solictors asking for full amount which is between 10,500 and 12,000.

I will pay the debt thats not the problem but i just want some information as to what i really owe,

dont think they can add interest onto it, my ex husband paid 2,500 off the debt because it was a joint account

and the repossession was split equally when the house was sold at auction.

I couldnt afford this so opted to pay 7,500 in installments.

hope this information helps,

because its such along time ago i cant remember.

Have you checked on :- http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ There is a small fee to subscribe.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

ive always paid by direct debit

You need to cancel the Direct Debit immediately, although up until now you have been lucky, it has been known and well documented for DCA's to use this facility to empty your Bank Account.

You can cancel by online/telephone banking or by popping into your local branch.

Just for future reference, payment should only ever be made by Standing Order, that way you are in complete control.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Trust is a record of al CCJ,s nothing to do with CRAs or 6 years.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

ok then, it states 4 quid for 1 search what address should i put in the address were the house was repossessed or when i got my letter from the dca for the new address that i was living at thanks very much

Im not sure Lisa..I would assume the original address..but wouldn't want to waste your money:sad:

I just been to my online bank account and the dd set up with hillsdens for 44

the last direct debit came out on the 29/10/12, thats been running 2 years,

so can they take any more out without me signing another dd form.

Thats probally why they have been ringing alot,

i wont speak to them until they send the information ive asked for,

ive also stated in my email to the complaints dept not to ring anymore,

ive just received an email from them stating they will look at all there records and get back to me within 5 days.

It might be better to pay a tenner then i can get 3 or more searches with them will it show who gave me the ccj, im thinking it will be the woolwich then dlc bought the debt, im only thinking might be a daft question but will it show the amount i owed, thanks

Some Info Lisa that may help :-

The Woolwich Equitable Building Society demutualised in 1997, giving up its mutual status to become a bank: Woolwich PLC was formed, giving shares to investing and borrowing members of the society, and listing on the London Stock Exchange.[3]

In August 2000, Barclays took over Woolwich PLC in a £5.4bn acquisition. Woolwich PLC thus joined the Barclays Bank Group of companies. The Woolwich brand-name was retained after the acquisition, and the Woolwich head office remained in Bexleyheath, south-east London, five miles from the original office in Woolwich.[4]

On 28 June 2006, Barclays announced that The Woolwich was to become the Barclays UK mortgage brand,[5] supported by Barclays branches, and that Woolwich branches would be either closed or re-branded as Barclays. The Bexleyheath head office closed in 2006. Associated changes to call centres affected up to 1,200 jobs, mostly at The Woolwich contact centre in Clacton-on-Sea which closed at the end of 2007.[6] Woolwich accounts were migrated to Barclays during the first half of 2007.

just been on trustline was paying the 10 quid for 3 or more searches for address but would only let me put 1 in so i rang and the lady said it would not show any ccj unless it was in the last 6 years, so thats sorted.

urm..

IMHO i would stop paying until 'someone'

produce some documentation.

by that i mean the CCJ.

and if they are not NAMED on it.

TOUGH LUCK.

dx

and they

just been on trustline was paying the 10 quid for 3 or more searches for address but would only let me put 1 in so i rang and the lady said it would not show any ccj unless it was in the last 6 years, so thats sorted.

Which was about the time they set the on-line facility up.Oh well if its not showing any where I would follow DX,s advice above.......Its very old and difficult for any one to produce the relevant paperwork.

Andy

Right need some help here.

I ve just cancelled my direct debits with the bank.

Now i emailed dca to ask for notice of assignment and transactions that ive made in the last 10-12 years

they are looking into this that was yesterday,

im going to ask for this sar from woolwich (barcalys)/

Should i email the dca back and ask them to put my account into dispute,

as i dont think i should pay anything else until i no how much ive paid thanks

i would CCA them

they'll have 12+2 days

even though they might say it does not apply

it will still put a spanner in the works.

THEN you can put the A/C into dispute.

dx

and they

Cant really request a CCA DX once a judgment is in place.I would write though and put the matter in dispute until the information is furnished.

Andy

I agree that you should write to Hilsdens saying that due to a lack of response from them, you consider the matter in dispute. Then list the information you require from Hilsden for them to remedy the dispute.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i'm wondering if these fleecers are relying on the ccj or even know about it?

seen this type of action lots of times.

i'd hazard a guess

not one of the dca's that has had their grubby mits on the 'debt' has ever mentioned it.

dx

and they