Bizron

Statute barred debt payment request from Global Debt recovery

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently been contacted by Global Debt Recovery claiming I have to pay them £400 from a debt owed I think to Lloyds of over £4K from over 12 years old.

Should I ignore their correspondences as I am doing now or reply to them?

If I reply and inform them of harassment can I then pursue a civil case against them if they ignore my warnings?

Regards

The best thing to do is write and tell them that the debt is statute barred and that you won't be paying. The OFT guidance requires them to cease collection activity in these circumstances. Provided, of course, that you have made no payment, or acknowledged the debt in writing for at least 6 years.

Hi Welcome to CAG if you are confident that np payment or written acknowldgment has been made in 6 clear years send the following by recorded delivery to the Compliance Manager at Global.

Ref: as on their letter.

Dear Sir,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx inwhich you allege that I owe a debt of £400.00, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Global Debt Recovery or any company you may claim to reperesent.

Having reviewed my financial history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred therefore I will not now or at any time in the furure make any payment or offer of payment in regard to the alleged debt.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003 updated October 2011 and November 2012 and in particular the section regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

You will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from your records immediately.

This letter is sent by RM recorded delivery and receipt will be monitored.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

have you checked your CRA file IS clean?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets