des23

DVLA bike licence

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2522 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

just rcd my driving licence back fom the dvla after renewing my hgv licence.it has come back without my motorcycle entitlement (licence)i passed my bike tst some years ago cant remember the date safe to say over 25 years.it must have been on there as i was done for speeding on my bike in 2010 and had to produce my licence which came back with 3 points ..not sure how to go about tackling the dvla about it .

thanks in advance

No help to you at the moment, but for anyone else thinking of sending smething as valuable as your licence ALWAYS take a photocopy before you let them get their hands on it. Also, when sending your licence to them now, you are entitled to ask for the old licence to be returned. (I think you have to include a reply pre-paid envelop but that is a small price for peace of mind)

For des23 I think you need in the first instance to make an urgent phone call to the DVLA and ask them to a) review their records to see if they agree you have bike entitlement, and b) if they say no, then demand an immediate search to locate your old licence before it is destroyed if not already.

Good advice from Crem.

If you have ANY record of the time and place you took your test let them know that as well.

This was a problem lots of people had about 5 years ago - I though they had got it sorted.

The DVLA are in a mess and lose a huge number of docs every year - and yet they seem to blame everyone but themselves.